Yes or no on this milling machine?

Hey, I'm in Georgia also! I am available to go buy it out from under you tomorrow, if you will let me know where it is located!

Just kidding... I have a mill...

Just go get it... rationalize later!

-Bear

I would drag it home for that price. The speed change mechanism is pretty simple, maybe just needs to be cleaned and lubed. Induma's are pretty nice machines.

For me, that would be a HARD NO! Induma mills have garnered the name "side winders", because the cross feed screw is not centered on the knee. This may not seem out of the ordinary for some, but it does make a difference when operating. The table will develop a "lag" on one side, resulting in milling out of square. No matter how tight the gibs are, it still does it.
I used one of these years ago right beside a clapped out Bridgeport, I preferred the clapped out Bridgeport....at least I could get parts squared up with it.

Derf pointed out an important thing to watch out for, but if you and I ended up at this guy's shop, both of us with cash in hand, I'd break your arm and leave you out in the parking lot before you got the chance to haul it away. The fact the RPC comes with it for that price is mind blowing. So let's see the pics of what you brought home!

image.jpg
Here’s the directions off a BP which it looks like you have the same levers. The one on side of machine is what raises the bullgear so that what you wanna make sure is stroking,and that the top bearing Assy drops when moving top lever. Follow the tag and you should get both speeds.

I'm with Ben on this one. I worked in a shop with an Induma and a nearly new Bridgeport. I went to the Induma every time. It is a heavier duty machine.
Did not experience the "out of square" situation mentioned in post #35.

I only have a little experience with Induma machines, at the shop where I worked in IT. Frankly, it was far better built then the Excello or the 'real' Bridgeport. I'm sorry you had that terrible experience, derf. The head toolmaker would use the Induma, or wait for it to be available. He'd only use the Excello if the Induma wasn't going to be available for days... He had the 'out of square' problem on the Bridgeport, which was all clapped out, so he refused to work on it.

The moral of the story is that a clapped out machine is a clapped out machine, no matter what brand. In this case the RPC is worth about $600 of the price.

I agree with so many others. The mill alone would be worth the asking price. The fact that it comes with the RPC at no extra charge makes it a slam dunk for me.

Back