Would this enrage you enough to return the product?

I'm not embarrassed one bit. I explained there were discounts for various reasons. Otherwise I would have paid the going rate. It's an inexpensive chuck. That doesn't mean the seller gets to misrepresent what they're selling.

Amazon rejected my review (not entirely sure why). Maybe you would know seeing you have some interests in Amazon. Are you a stock holder?

I'm not embarrassed one bit. I explained there were discounts for various reasons. Otherwise I would have paid the going rate. It's an inexpensive chuck. That doesn't mean the seller gets to misrepresent what they're selling.

Amazon rejected my review (not entirely sure why). Maybe you would know seeing you have some interests in Amazon. Are you a stock holder?
Amazon can be a pita on reciews.
Your review even remotely uses the wrong words, phrasing, trade/copy rights it will get notice.
Did you start the return process?

Amazon can be a pita on reciews.
Your review even remotely uses the wrong words, phrasing, trade/copy rights it will get notice.
Did you start the return process?
Do you have link to the actual product you purchased

The thing I worry about with a 4 jaw is the ANGULAR runout. You can dial in the axial runout, but how does it look 6" away from the chuck? Unfortunately, you cannot validate the chuck until it is mounted!

Dont forget $50 is a lot of money for some in this hobby.
True. I am not a wealthy man either.
But $50 won't get you a decent 3/8 drill chuck much less a 4 jaw.

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man’s lawful prey."

True. I am not a wealthy man either.
But $50 won't get you a decent 3/8 drill chuck much less a 4 jaw.

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man’s lawful prey."
I agree , although I have come across many great deals since I fell into this hole I mean hobby.
So far the only thing I bought new at “full retail” was the bostar AXA and being a complete beginner and hobby poor it was a big purchase.
Im having the hardest time finding useful scrap.

ok not enrage exactly. I bought a 5" 4 jaw independent chuck on Amazon. The photos show the name 'Sanou' laser engraved on the chuck. I am under no delusion that Sanou should be regarded as premium quality. But better that I figure then some nameless non brand (or 1 of Sanous rejects they didn't want their name on). Don't know if Sanou is a manufacturer or importer. Instead though my chuck has Vevor on it.

So ... assert my rights and get my 43$ back? There were a couple of discounts, and that was the price shipped. Or just live with ... whatever. It looks fine (as if that meant anything). I still have to make a backplate.
I'd say that's sort of dealing with Amazon...the pictures don't always match the items perfectly. Let's face it, that's why you can get a chuck for $43 when the same item from a big name would be $500.

San Ou is a chuck manufacturer in China. There is a company here in Michigan which imports many (if not all) San Ou chucks to the U.S. and ships them to other distributors. I asked if they were the importer, and they said yes, but I didn't ask if they were the only importer of San Ou chucks. Going off the numbers of chucks I saw, I'd be surprised if there's more than one, but it's certainly possible.

I've been there in person several times and the guy who I've dealt with the most says San Ou is the largest manufacturer of chucks in China and makes them for several big names as well. The last time I was there they had pallets of outbound San Ou chucks as well as inbound bundled stacks that were so tall they would have just fit in a shipping container, so I believe what they told me.

Back