Would this enrage you enough to return the product?

I have other Sanous, 2-4". Got them real cheap. They look nice and all, have all the basic features. All of them (except the m14 x 1 threaded ones) need backplates.

I don't know how long Amazon gives you to return. Clearly they're in the wrong, and my yet to be posted review says so. It's a question of whether I'll be able to make a backplate within the return window. I'm very sloooow.
Typically 30 days for returns, and they’ve never pushed back on anything I’ve wanted to return.

Sanou is the mandarin word for Vevor. This is just a translation error.

I’m joking ofc. But depending on the day it came in, I’m not sure I’d noticed. So I probably wouldn’t have given it back unless there was some actual defect.

ok not enrage exactly. I bought a 5" 4 jaw independent chuck on Amazon. The photos show the name 'Sanou' laser engraved on the chuck. I am under no delusion that Sanou should be regarded as premium quality. But better that I figure then some nameless non brand (or 1 of Sanous rejects they didn't want their name on). Don't know if Sanou is a manufacturer or importer. Instead though my chuck has Vevor on it.

So ... assert my rights and get my 43$ back? There were a couple of discounts, and that was the price shipped. Or just live with ... whatever. It looks fine (as if that meant anything). I still have to make a backplate.
Do you have a screen shot of the actual listing.
I would start the return process , post a negative review.
If its a sanou you want then thats what you get.

Do you have a screen shot of the actual listing.
I would start the return process , post a negative review.
If its a sanou you want then thats what you get.
Assuming it’s this chuck, you can return “for any reason” depending on where you live:

IMG_6538.jpeg

Not all of Amazon's stuff qualifies for free shipping or easy return. You have to look at the fine print before you buy. If it is returnable, I'd do so immediately. They have sent me some pretty screwy errors - like the piece of brass plate that someone cut through the packaging to peel it back and affix a self stick label. The brass was deeply scratched by the knife or razor! Return was no problem at all.

Not all of Amazon's stuff qualifies for free shipping or easy return. You have to look at the fine print before you buy. If it is returnable, I'd do so immediately. They have sent me some pretty screwy errors - like the piece of brass plate that someone cut through the packaging to peel it back and affix a self stick label. The brass was deeply scratched by the knife or razor! Return was no problem at all.
Always check the sellers, often they are 3rd 4th party and just taken order and sending order to some orher 3rd party distributor.
I still pick prime option . I have never had a problem on returns that are prime. I also have had returns refunded and keep the item vs negative feed back

Their prices go.up and down like crazy. It anmoys the crap out of me. But yes for 43$ I suspect I should just live with it. A Bison chuck will cost as much as I paid for the lathe (or 2 - 3x actually). Not a professional, just a hobbyist.
Im operating almost on a negative budget. I get the lure of inexpensive products.
Although with patience good quality stuff comes along.
My 5” bison 4 jaw came to me as a gift from the guy I bought a smithy 1220 from . I had to make a plate. Im very new to all this

Their prices go.up and down like crazy. It anmoys the crap out of me. But yes for 43$ I suspect I should just live with it. A Bison chuck will cost as much as I paid for the lathe (or 2 - 3x actually). Not a professional, just a hobbyist.

I bought an 8" rotary table from Amazon that ended up being way too big. I set up the return and the seller contacted me to negotiate. It would've been harder for them to deal with the return. I managed to get a refund for about 40% of the cost and was allowed to keep the table.

I say that to say you could try going that route. Set up the return then wait a couple days to see if they contact you. If not you could always cancel the return and keep it anyway.

Well it either will do the job or won't. I suppose it comes down to that. If it does work well enough or does after minor corrections, it's well worth the 43$.

Is it ok to make a backplate out of .75" A36?

Back