Will a chain fall work well horizontally

OUCH, That Hurt! I was just slapped along side the head by an eye opening epiphany. Once more I have allowed myself to be scammed by another tool addict. :busted:

No sir, you go to the nearest rental yard and rent yourself a come-a-long to do the job, then wait for **When** to arrive. Yes, **when** you really need a chain fall. :D:D

OUCH, That Hurt! I was just slapped along side the head by an eye opening epiphany. Once more I have allowed myself to be scammed by another tool addict. :busted:

No sir, you go to the nearest rental yard and rent yourself a come-a-long to do the job, then wait for **When** to arrive. Yes, **when** you really need a chain fall. :D:D

Oh Nooo Mr. Bill... I can't do that. I have to have that new (used) tool.

25 pounds ammonium nitrate 1 quart diesel fuel = one big bang

Don't know what kind of tree it is or what kind of ground it is in but if only roots going straight down are holding it, wrap a chain around it with loop on one end and stick a 4x4 x8' into the loop. Then twist the sucker out.

25 pounds!?!?!?! of ammonium nitrate - that's one very big bang! I hope this tree is waaaaay away from anything valuable and/or brakable!!

25 pounds ammonium nitrate 1 quart diesel fuel = one big bang

He doesn't care if the stump ever comes out, he just wants the chain fall. Let's look at it this way. A series of 1/2" holes drilled acros the top of the stump filled with liquid stump remover and it will crawl away in the middle of the night but that still doesn't get him a chain fall. :D

Don't know what kind of tree it is or what kind of ground it is in but if only roots going straight down are holding it, wrap a chain around it with loop on one end and stick a 4x4 x8' into the loop. Then twist the sucker out.
Clay, and it was a bradford pear. The soil is the problem, so is the granite that I had to take a sledge hammer to, one big chunk of it . I'm thinking of taking my pressure washer to the bottom and see if I can get rid of the clay by blasting it out.I figure that would make it a lot easier.

Clay, and it was a bradford pear. The soil is the problem, so is the granite that I had to take a sledge hammer to, one big chunk of it . I'm thinking of taking my pressure washer to the bottom and see if I can get rid of the clay by blasting it out.I figure that would make it a lot easier.
Go buy your chain fall first .
Then blast it .
At least you get the chain fall like that.

Yes indeed tell your sweetheart that the experts at HM say you will need a new 5000 lb. chain fall and a new ultra high pressure sprayer. Plus if you are going to survive the job and continue being able to do the dishes you will need new steel toe boots, face mask and electronic ear muffs.
Anyways it might be worth a try.

Back