Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

I picked mine when all my spare time was focused on raising 2 boys and being an Assistant Scout Master for our Boy scout troop .

Troop number is left as an exercise to the reader. :)

Very nice, fellas! My username relates to my pre'64 model 70 Winchester rifle my dad gave me, oh, about 46 years ago. The only high power rifle I have ever hunted with. Great memories, great times. And a great reminder of my dad and all he stood for. One day, I will come up with an avatar that does him and it justice.

My username is car related. I sold a Z06 and bought a CTS-V and Z2V was born. The avatar is turn 16-18 and the tower at COTA taken from a helicopter.

My name comes from the name of a project We (Wife & I) started back in the 90's. Basically, I took 2 suburban bodies, mated them together, and put them on a crew cab dually frame. A 6 door suburban, or suoper suberban, shortened to Superburban.

Unfortunately, with the passing of my father in law, We also lost the storage/ work place for it. Due to financial, legal (As in what it would take to get it to pass Pa's state inspection), time issues, and a lot of damage done by kids using it as a way to climb on the garage roof where it was stored (Buckled the rear roof in, and even pulled the rear roof corner down enough to bust out the side and rear windows), We ended up scrapping it.
oldpics 495.jpg

I started using the Superburban name, back in the early days of the web, and kept it for every forum I have singed up on. even though We no longer have the Superburban. All my names are Superburban, but not all Superburbans are me.

The Avatar, is just the clearest pic I could find in my metsl tools pictures directory.

My name comes from my real name "Petros" (Peter) and CNC.
As for the avatar, it is a part from the "Phaistos Disc".
The Phaistos Disc is a 4000 year circular clay disc covered with inscribed symbols on both sides that are unlike any signs in any writing system.
It was discovered in the ancient city of Phaistos in Southern Crete in 1908 and it was never translated to any modern language.
It shows signs of tools and everyday objects that remain an enigma. When I saw it in the museum I was amazed how people 4000 years ago were capable of making artifacts with such details, that inspired me to try and make things as they did. I never reached their perfection though he he he!!!!
Petros

What I like about this place... Everyday I learn something new...

My user name came from my Brother in law. We use to fish and drink Old Milwaukee and of course he called it Old Mud. Somehow my boat ended up with that name as did I. :eek 2: My Avatar is me with a nice Bluefin Tuna, it's what i do. :big grin:

Back