Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

MY USERNAME WAS TAKEN FROM THE MAIN CHARACTER IN A 1975 CLAYMATION FILM CALLED
"THE PINCHCLIFFE GRAND PRIX" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pinchcliffe_Grand_Prix

THEODORE RIMSPOKE COULD BUILD ANYTHING OUT OF ANYTHING AND
EVENTUALLY BUILT A FANTASTIC RACE CAR OUT OF HOUSEHOLD JUNK .

FOR MANY YEARS I WOULD TRY TO BUY PARTS & PRODUCTS FROM COMPANIES
THAT WOULD NOT SELL TO ME AS DAVID BROWER . THEY WANTED TO SELL
TO ANOTHER COMPANY . SO I MADE ONE UP & CALLED IT " RIMSPOKE RESTORATIONS "

THIS SEEMED TO OPEN A LOT OF DOORS AND WHEN THE INTERNET CAME ALONG
I STARTED USING THE RIMSPOKE MONIKER . IT SOUNDS MECHANICALLY COOL
AND NO ONE ELSE WAS USING IT .

MY AVITAR SHOWS A PIECE OF WORK TURNING IN A HORVATH ECCENTRIC
CHUCK ON MY MAXIMAT SUPER 11 LATHE . YES , IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE THAT .

1541959958451.png

Last edited:
The precursor to email where I worked in 1977 required a four character user name. I was one of the people whose ID got used as a personal greeting (tee - kar).

My username comes from my roots, building Pontiacs for big power. Nowadays it may as well be Honda or Suzuki as I've mastered fuel injection and no longer need the displacement to achieve my ends.

My avatar is the headstone of Ludwig Boltzmann, the father of thermodynamics, bearing the inscription S=k log W. I visit the graves of scientists instead of rock stars.

My avatar is my gone now Schipperke that I am certain could read my mind, also would tease by running off with caps or gloves. The username is what I did for 20 years- supervised a limestone quarry to make 880,000 ton of cement yearly.

The Avatar is a matched pair of 1972 Honda CB 350's one Green, one Red.
I tell my wife they are NOT Toys they are Christmas decorations.
I threaten her I'm going to put them in front of the house with a MR & MRS Clause on them.
(I would but they'd get ruined by the weather.)

My son & I did the restorations together and it's a fond memory.
from He is now 25 but we still get together and ride them.

The User Name is the name of my Uncles 1937 32' Chris Craft cabin crusier, I have a picture of the old boat and it was very cool.
He named it after himself.
He simply reversed the letters in his name.
YENDOR <-> Rodney

RAIDER69 is for my unit in the USMC. I was a Recon Raider. 69 is the year I was born but not why I use that number. My avitar is Surtr, THE GOD OF FIRE from Norse mythology. He is the only god to defeat Zuess,Appolo, Athina depicted in the painting "Battle of the Doomed Gods" and Freyr at Ragnarök. His sword is known as Twilight. He sat like that to fools is enemies because as he stood up he towered over them. His followers are known as Pagans. I was a Pagan 1%er for 20yrs(now retired) and honor my fallen brothers by wearing Surtr to this day on my arm as a tattoo along with my 1% tattoo. That`s my story and it won`t change...lol

Back