Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

Lordbeezer was my red chow.he was a magnificent looking dog.and a really good watch dog he was lord of his jungle....beezer is a nickname for a BSA motorcycle ..been riding custom bikes since 1969. Harley's and BSA..gonna find a old picture of lordbeezer and post..

My monicker is a shortened form of my last name, Herrmann, first given to me by a dorm buddy during my first year at college.

My avatar is a 2D CAD rendering of the "A1 Exhaust Manifold," a combination of three "impossibilities" I first encountered in high school Mechanical Drawing class.

I just love the Legend of Cooter Brown.....

Question: Who was Cooter Brown, as in “drunk as Cooter Brown”?

Answer: Cooter Brown lived along the Mason-Dixon line at the time of the Civil War. He had family on both sides, and, not wishing to be drafted by either the North or the South, he decided to get drunk – and stay drunk – so that he wouldn’t have to fight in the war. Inebriety has been measured against Cooter Brown’s extended binge ever since.

https://www.almanac.com/fact/who-was-cooter-brown-as-in-drunk

My picture is written on the wall of a bathroom stall at my favorite used machine tool store...
http://www.mckeanmachinery.com/
Its better to go there in person all his prices are negotiable....
IMG_0047.jpg

Just my name... At one time I went by Pumpman. I collected antique water pumps.
I think I was one of the largest collectors in the eastern part of USA. I had a shoulder
injury and sold most of them . Now I just play with my saw mill...

View attachment 279437View attachment 279438
Hey K ! Would you happen to have any of your antique pumps left ? My wife has been looking for quite awhile for a pump for up at the Adirondack property . If you do and want to sell one , shoot me a pm . Thanks , Dave .

Hi Guys,

I use my family name, because when ever I got into bother I was always being shouted "Baron" !!!
And the "TUX" penguin because I'm a long time Linux user, like a lot of people, but they don't always know it :eek 3:

I like to keep things simple. Name of my lathe and and same for my avatar. Learning to machine parts for my other hobby (hopefully). My other hobby is Wheel Horse round hoods I'm building one for each of my 8 Grandchildren.

Maybe I should have been Wheel horse #2
Best wheelhorse.jpg

Hey K ! Would you happen to have any of your antique pumps left ? My wife has been looking for quite awhile for a pump for up at the Adirondack property . If you do and want to sell one , shoot me a pm . Thanks , Dave .

I only kept the really rare pumps. Stuff like this...

Goulds.jpgGoulds 2.JPG

My user name signifies the first car I bought new - and still have. It is a Chrysler E-body 1970 Dodge Challenger. Chrysler labeled the Challenger car line "J', and my name is William, thus the Bill 70J
Steve Photo 2.jpg

My avatar shows the second car I bought new and still have. It is a 1987 Jaguar XJ6, and it is on a tow trailer to portray the horrible reliability these cars had, and still have. I was bit by the car's styling back then, and have since dealt with the reliability issues by replacing the drive train with a 1994 GM product.
JL-3.JPG

Last edited:
I other forums and gaming sites, my username is usually "Searider" or a simple variation. However when I joined HM that felt un-professional :). So I just went with my Last name. My avatar is a picture of the first "start to finish" part I make on my CNC Mill using CamBam for CAM and then hand modifying the G-Code for efficiency. I now use BobCad and rarely have to make any G-Code modifications. I made about 20 of them and gave them away to friends.

Last edited:
Back