Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

My username is the first 4 letters of my occupation/passion plus the first 2 digits in my work clock number.

My avatar is a dragon that I made by lost foam aluminum casting, some machining, and lots of polishing.

Just my name... At one time I went by Pumpman. I collected antique water pumps.
I think I was one of the largest collectors in the eastern part of USA. I had a shoulder
injury and sold most of them . Now I just play with my saw mill...

water pumps water pumps.JPGAll saw dust out back.JPG

When I first posted ,it was on a hunting forum. Everybody was Magnum something, so I had to be something different. Downwindtracker was as opposite as you can get. I take it to mean "man of foolish pursuits " Pretty clever.eh. But I can't take any credit for it, In his columns in the Vancouver Sun, the author Paul St.Pierre used it . That's why the 2

Mine was given to me by an old friend decades before the Internet, full name Phineas J Whoopee. It's the name of a character in the Tennessee Tuxedo cartoons. My avatar is that character.

I like to keep things simple. Name of my lathe and and same for my avatar. Learning to machine parts for my other hobby (hopefully). My other hobby is Wheel Horse round hoods I'm building one for each of my 8 Grandchildren.

No avatar yet. I stole my user name from my tractor, a Ford Jubilee. It's as old as I am but much easier to keep going.
Chuck

My first name is Dan and when I worked in Washington DC years ago there was a tagger that tagged anything and everything in the area with Disco Dan and people at work started calling me Disco.

I was an offshore diver. The old style helmets were referred to by the number of bolts that clamp the neckring down. But I always sign off with my real name.

cheers Phil

I had wondered about the name.

DownunderBob

G'day to all, Ok my real name is Robert Gitsham AKA Bob. Born and bred in Australia, AKA Downunder, so Downunder Bob I became. My avatar is a picture of my lathe, I originally put it up because when I joined HM I thought it would quickly put me in touch with people who owned the same or similar machines. As time has gone by it appears to be the only Liang Dei machine in the group,which makes it rather unique, so I think I'll keep it.

I use my real name because it helps me keep from posting the not-so-nice things that anonymous posters sometimes do. It keeps me honest. My avatar is simply the only picture of me I could find in electronic format when I joined H-M.

Back