What's Happening in Chazz's Shop?

First post on the newly titled thread; got around to organizing & labelling (always helps) my insert screws:

20240115 Insert Screw Drawer.jpeg

Nicely organized and filled little shop. I need to stop taking my bigger pole barn for granted and am working trying to organize it better. First things was doing a purge of most things that are not a tool of some sort, and moved stuff to outside unheatable storage spaces, so I could bring more tools in that needed to. As I place and move things around to fit, I’ll start bringing in some storage stuff, as I can find nook and crannies to fit it. Then I can start the storage places organizing better.

I will say you have a small fortune in storage containers organizers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely organized and filled little shop. I need to stop taking my bigger pole barn for granted and am working trying to organize it better. First things was doing a purge of most things that are not a tool of some sort, and moved stuff to outside unheatable storage spaces, so I could bring more tools in that needed to. As I place and move things around to fit, I’ll start bringing in some storage stuff, as I can find nook and crannies to fit it. Then I can start the storage places organizing better.

I will say you have a small fortune in storage containers organizers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I discovered Really Useful Boxes a few years ago and keep a selection on hand; mostly purchased at Staples during sales and using rewards.

The little boxes that I used for the insert screws were found on Amazon when I was looking for way to organize tiny set screws without taking up too many "cavities" in one of the Plano boxes:
Set Screw Asst.jpg

in my hardware stack:
Hardware Storage.jpg

Loc-Line Vacuum Hose Installations

I previously posted (somewhere) the Loc-Line hose with the large/wide nozzle at my Mini-Mill:

Loc-Line on Mill Side.jpeg

And now have finally finished the one for the Mini-Lathe:

20240123 Loc-Line Tapered Nozzle.jpeg
This one snakes behind the lathe and has a tapered nozzle (can swap the nozzles, but not an easy task).

I'll post a video of them in action once I have put them into practice.

"Every space is used"

You are not kidding!

Loc-Line Vacuum Hose Installations

I previously posted (somewhere) the Loc-Line hose with the large/wide nozzle at my Mini-Mill:

View attachment 475433

And now have finally finished the one for the Mini-Lathe:

View attachment 475434
This one snakes behind the lathe and has a tapered nozzle (can swap the nozzles, but not an easy task).

I'll post a video of them in action once I have put them into practice.

I really like that. I will need to copy several of your ideas. So cool...

New Video Setup

While the video walkthrough of my shop wasn't terrible, I wasn't 100% happy with the quality. So I dug out my Panasonic HDC-TM41 Video Camera (yes, decade-old technology, and maximum is "only" 1080p [720 if editing with iMovie], but easier to use [maybe?] than 1080p or 4K on my iPhone 14+). Checked the camera out, made sure the batteries would hold a charge (although for most projects I'll use the AC adapter), attached it to a spare base and mounted it on the camera head of my Noga Big Boy:

20240126 HDC TM-41 Video Camera.jpg

Trial videos showed that this was a viable solution, so I shot parts 1 & 2 of my next video series (yes, series: I'm playing with the semi-pro YouTubers now). Here is a screenshot of Part 1 being edited with iMovie:

20240126 iMovie Screenshot.png

Part 1 should be posted in the next day or so (hey, this is hard work!), followed by Parts 2 & 3.

Back