What's Happening in Chazz's Shop?

Shop Storage

I'm still editing the Part 3 video, but took some time out to do some analized storage –

Consolidated my US & Metric transfer screws:
Transfer Screws.jpeg

Prep'd two storage tubes from 3" PVC drain pipe (the low pressure/density pipe works great for this; plain test caps glued on the base and test caps with tabs for easy removal for the tops:
3in PVC Storage.jpeg

Keeps these less often used tools (live bullnose center & MT3 3/4" chuck) clean and storing them on end takes up less space:
Completed PVC Storage.jpeg

Glammed Up my Kant-Twist Clamps

Got tired of sore fingers from the skinny T-handles so finally I broke down and added grips:
20240407 Kant-Twist Handles.jpeg
4-1/2", 2-1/2", 2" & 1" clamps (some are Kant-Tiwst-ish); mostly Weaver-Grip™ courtesy of a Zoro 20% coupon, but a few copies improved versions from eBay (the Weaver's went on easier, even on the non-branded clamps). The baby 3/4" has a knurled knob. Still need another grip for a lonely 1" (Zoro had limited stock for the small ones).

I do have a problem: I found a bare spot that is begging for more clamps.

Shop Storage

I'm still editing the Part 3 video, but took some time out to do some analized storage –

Consolidated my US & Metric transfer screws:
View attachment 478030

Prep'd two storage tubes from 3" PVC drain pipe (the low pressure/density pipe works great for this; plain test caps glued on the base and test caps with tabs for easy removal for the tops:
View attachment 478031

Keeps these less often used tools (live bullnose center & MT3 3/4" chuck) clean and storing them on end takes up less space:
View attachment 478032
not sure how it saves space, but one piece of advice. throw some desiccant in them. You are locking in the moisture, and you want it to be absorbed, when you pull out a chuck, close it back up to keep it dry.

not sure how it saves space, but one piece of advice. throw some desiccant in them. You are locking in the moisture, and you want it to be absorbed, when you pull out a chuck, close it back up to keep it dry.
The tubes/pipes save space by letting me store on end, but good point on sealing in/out moisture: I use ZeRust PlasTabs or Drawer Liner, plus keep humidity below 55% RH – no rust or staining on anything (that didn't come in that way) in 15+ years.

Back