What is the best hand cleaner out there?

Does anyone know where to get a pomice/hand cleaner with good ingredients, like citrus from oranges?

Thanks ,

Jon

A box of Boraxo hand soap from the hardware store. It's an oldie but a goodie and works way better than Goop or Gojo. Also, it leaves your hands smelling clean instead of smelling like orange oil.

DPR02203EA_1_1.JPG

John

DPR02203EA_1_1.JPG

I use the oldie but goodie "Lava" bar soap with pummice. Works for me...

Chuck

There is a spray cleaner at the "Dollar Tree" stores called "Awesome" which really describes it. I keep some under the sink in the house for finishing up after the waterless cleaners. Sometimes I come straight in and use it . The really nice thing about it is that if you miss anything you can repeat without the performance suffering unlike the waterless cleaners. At a buck a bottle you can't beat it.

Steve

I used a product called JOE'S. It was smooth or crunchy. It smelled like vanilla,and bannana pudding.

Didnt taste like it though!!:nono:

Use Gojo which smeels nice and does a good job, but really like the "jello" type hand cleaner that comes in a can (cant remember the name, Crappy tire and other places sell it, white jelly stuff the liquifies on your hand when it warms up). Stuff works great, needs no water (which I dont have in the garage) and I can use it over and over to keep the crud off my hands. If I come in and my hands are dirty I just use dish soap. not as good but there and handy. When I worked for Xerox they had a tube we used to use, which came out like tooth paste and you rubbed on your hands. Would dry and left a layer of "protection" on your hands. Even working with toner (plasticized carbon) and getting really filthy, a bit of water and your hands were perfectly clean.

What you are thinking of Canadian Tire, GM Dealers, etc sell the Permatex DL Hand cleaner. Either as is or relabeled. Works with or without water. I used it for years.

In a pinch Tide or Sunlight powdered washing detergent works just as good but also strips the oils from your skin. Have to follow up with skin moisturizer. Stings in any cuts as well.
Pierre

I use WD40 to get the heavy stuff off first then just use hand soap.

A box of Boraxo hand soap from the hardware store. It's an oldie but a goodie and works way better than Goop or Gojo. Also, it leaves your hands smelling clean instead of smelling like orange oil.

View attachment 55805

John
I've been using that stuff since I was a teenager! :winner:

I use Dawn and a mechanics hand brush but shampoo works good also.

Due to the nature of my business, I find my hands in Grease, oil, gas and every thing else you can amagine. Some cleaners remove one thing and not the other. My main problem is getting the smell of gas or what ever off my hands, no matter how clean you g et them. The one soap that does it all....
Snap-on Nitro gold. its the best I have ever used. When my hands are really bad i wash them in my parts wash tank first (heated simple green) then go to the sink. Another HUGE help is PR 88. Its a cream than you rub on your hands and keeps gas, oil and other chemicals from absorbing into your skin. If i can remember to put this stuff on my hands before I get gas all over myself, there is no smell stuck in my skin after i wash. This stuff is amazing.

In my work I get samples of all kinds of things, including hand cleaner. Over the years I've settled on Fast Orange and Joe's. I use Fast Orange to get 90% of it off, and Joe's to finish.

One side benefit to Fast Orange is it also works well as a mosquito repellant.

Back