What is the best hand cleaner out there?

O

ome

Forum Guest
Register Today
Does anyone know where to get a pomice/hand cleaner with good ingredients, like citrus from oranges?

Thanks ,

Jon

I am cleaning my hands hundreds of times a day. That Anti-Midas touch, where every thing I touch turns black, but then at least it is not the manure touch where everything turns to ___

Of all the hand cleaners I have used, I like the "Lloyd's LX4Hands with scrubbers" the best. The Lloyds part number is 52705. I get it at the local automotive parts store. Leaves the hands relatively soft and does not seem to dry them out too much. It is a natural citrus formulation that is PH balanced.

Walter

I have always favored powered soap with pumice. Like this stuff.

McMaster-Carr Item #6371T65.

-Cody

EDIT: Sorry, cannot get McMaster's site to give me a real link...

Last edited:
I use Tuff Suff made locally sold from Napa not sure if its nation wide. its lime color way better than simple green

I don't think there is a lot of difference between any of the lanolin based hand cleaners out there... it's the lanolin that does the work, and that's generic. The addition of pumice helps, and the citrus just makes it smell nice. Around here, Gojo is the available brand so that's what I use.

Note that all the lanolin based cleaners should be used on dry hands... even a drop of water will make them less effective. Save the water for rinsing.

When I run out, which is often, dishwashing detergent works almost as well (of course then you do need water).

I use a product that is a semi solid that smells like cocont and mixes well with water. It works outstandingly and a tub lasts a long long time. It just takes a little pinch and some water to get it started and the cocnut coir scrubs the greases off with no chapping or dryness. I will have to go look at my tub and get the name off of it. It is available through the Pro brand auto chemicals suppliers. I have had the tub now for the better part of five years and I still have about 1/2 of it left. And it even cleans under your nails and around your cuticles extremely well.
Bob

Back