What is the best hand cleaner out there?

Nitrile gloves, then a tougher outer glove, like the 10 pack of rubber dipped fabric gloves you see at Lowes....they can be washed. Any grease and grime that gets thru that combo can be managed with dish soap.

Well that way you don't get dirty at all! Where's the fun in that!

:roflmao:

-Cody

What the hell fun would machine work be if one is afraid to get one's hands dirty? Get them dirty, and then find a way to get them reasonably clean; end of thread!!!

Used Swarfega in UK all the time, a green snotty jelly. Wish it were available here. Simple orange works and smells nice too.

I tried most of them but I keep going back to Boraxo. Since I don't have running water in my shop I do use some WD40 once in a while as a "pre-cleaner". Go-Jo and Dawn work ok. I find the orange stuff really dries out my skin to the point of painful cracking and it doesn't work as well as Boraxo.

Although I recommended Boraxo in a previous message, I discovered something new this morning. The machinists in our shop were raving about a new hand cleaner they got. I was working with heat sink paste this morning (notoriously hard to get off your hands), and I asked the guys where the new hand cleaner was. Hidden away in the compressor room was a dispenser.

All I can say is wow! The stuff is great! My hands look like a surgeon's! Also, no bad smells, citrus oils (yuck). My hands smell and feel good!

Not only did it take off the heat sink paste, it also took off dirt I didn't even know I had!

The stuff is called Solopol and uses crushed walnut shells as a scrubber. http://www.stokoskincare.com/c-28-solopol.aspx

You can buy it in tubs, dispensers, bottles, etc. from MSC, Amazon, etc.

I'm ordering my own bottle right after I finish writing this.

John

Back
Top Bottom