What do you guys use to get oil in Chinese machinery ball oilers?

My oiler was made in Italy. It is a Brevettato. It belonged to my father now me. It is over 40 years old and has never failed. I made the tip to fit the Ball oilers on my Jet 9X20.

"Billy G"

brevettato means patented

2a76e522ffc505c86116f24d1bb61901.jpg

This is what i use ... works like a champ.
Found it at a yard sale for a quarter .. spent fifteen minutes making a new seal an zero leaks

2a76e522ffc505c86116f24d1bb61901.jpg

I use a pump type oiler with a flexible spout,

I take a short piece of clear semi-soft plastic tubing and push it over the end of the oilers tip. As mentioned fuel line or other rubber hose will work, but then you can not see what is happening, like you can with clear tubing. Must be soft enough that it will squeeze against the surface to seal!

Clean really well around the ball oiler as this method will force crap into the oiler if it is there.

Place the end of the plastic tubing over the ball oiler, so that it surrounds the ball and seats on the outer ball housing forming a seal.

Pump the oiler, the clear tubing allows you to see the oil as the hydraulic pressure created forces the ball open and the oil is forced past the ball. After a few pumps you should notice that the oil is seeping out from under the ways, down the shaft or where ever else you are pumping the oil into.

Walter

I wear contacts and use the old cleaning solution bottles to hold WD40 which I use as a cutting fluid on aluminum. Works great when parting thicker stock as you can direct a narrow stream of fluid into the cut.

Shawn

pull the fittings out and tap with a 1/4 28 and put grease fittings in and go to h&w supply and buy a"Push" Lube Pump for Zerk Base http://www.machinerypartsdepot.com/site/1478157/product/12PB20 i put then on my enco 13x40 now i can oil every thing works great

Since I already jammed the ball bearing down in one of my ball oilers on my new G0602 using the oil bottle they included in the tool kit, how exactly did you remove the ball oilers?

They are just pressed in. Put a small punch or something similar in the ball socket and rigid and pry a little. They will pop right out.

"Billy G"

They are just pressed in. Put a small punch or something similar in the ball socket and rigid and pry a little. They will pop right out.

"Billy G"

I tried that, and it didn't budge. Then I tried threading in a machine screw and trying to pry out the ball oiler, but the screw just stripped out. I'm now left with a mangled ball oiler - I got the ball bearing and spring out, but the ball oiler housing is still in there. All I can think to do now is to try to plug the oil hole with grease to keep filings out and then drill out what's left of the ball oiler, unless someone has a better idea...

Most of mine came out by prying but 2 were stubborn. I used a tap (don't remember what size) then a machine screw. Pulled the screw and fitting out with a claw hammer.

Back