What do you guys use to get oil in Chinese machinery ball oilers?

I'd just really like to know that when I put oil in these oilers.....oil went in :(

I'd just really like to know that when I put oil in these oilers.....oil went in :(

That's why I like using the high pressurs oilers. When I pull the trigger oil will seep out in the areas I'm oiling (like out the sides of the carriage, drip onto the chip pan, etc.) So I know they are getting plenty of oil. Sure the overflow can get messy but I just wipe it up. Can't really hurt by giving too much oil & I prefer the assurance rather than wonderingif oil actually went in with no visible signs.

Thanks for this thread reminding me that am I really sick of my leaky Golden Rod oiler. So yesterday I examined all the areas I suspected leaking from. Surprisingly my can is not leaking from the crimp at the bottom, not yet anyway. The flex spout had major leaking at both ends & leaks at the fitting where spout screws onto the pump. Cleaned it all up very well then I applied clear silicone in all the areas I suspect leakage from, let it dry for 24hrs. Well no more leaks on the spout (tested with air). Now to see if it will be sitting in a puddle of oil tomorrow....

That's why I like an oiler that seals around the rim of the ball oiler and an oiler that doesn't leak. Then, a squirt of oil only has one place to go.

A pice of 3/16 vacum line or gas line over the tip of your favoret oil can will seal and alow the oil to flow in.

Back