What Did You Buy Today?

Creatively approaching the accounting office. I like it!

Similar story here. Couple of YouTube fail videos, and presto...A new Branick 7600 strut compressor.
I had my finger squished from leaf spring while changing rubber bushing at my brothers truck. luck me it was not tensioned enough to cut it through but it was 5mm thick and flat as it can be. Now it’s ok but boy it hurt. So the strut compressor is a must if you want to avoid nasty surprises. By the way we though we removed the tension from the leaf spring and we did but it was stuck from rust and the little force it had used again my finger.
:eek:

The strut compressor was a calculated purchase. We had several vehicles with shot struts. Hardware was good, but the shock was bad. Just replacing the shocks with OEM, saved enough to pay for it and then some. The YouTube videos really just sealed the deal, when accounting asked, "Do you really need that?" Lol.

More often than not, our running joke is to ask the other "How much do you love me?" Followed by whatever unplanned purchase was acquired.

She took the kids school shopping out of town one weekend. And asked the question after texting a pic with a pile of clothes. My reply was "Not as much as you love me", and this picture...
IMG_20180816_205037644.jpg
It didn't register that it was in our driveway until a few hours later. Maybe one of my weaker moments...

I’d only get away with that if it was a 5-spd. Automatic would be grounds for divorce.
Sometimes you gotta embrace new tech!

I like my sticks too, but this is 6 speed auto with sport shift. Wanted to try it. Have a couple of Mercedes AMG paddles to fit to the wheel.

It shifts so fast you can hardly tell it shifted, except the tach dropped. The paddles will let you play gears without taking hands from the wheel. It's a mustang, they do get stupid quick. Hands on the wheel is a good thing. Lol.

Sometimes you gotta embrace new tech!

I like my sticks too, but this is 6 speed auto with sport shift. Wanted to try it. Have a couple of Mercedes AMG paddles to fit to the wheel.

It shifts so fast you can hardly tell it shifted, except the tach dropped. The paddles will let you play gears without taking hands from the wheel. It's a mustang, they do get stupid quick. Hands on the wheel is a good thing. Lol.
Yes, in 2024 automatics are better.

But not better.

John

Got this one home for the garden. Needs some love.
Nice plow?Looks like an old Dearborn or Ferguson and very complete. Narrow too. Maybe a 2-12"?
Is there an ID tag on it?
Nice score if the wear parts are even halfway decent.
What do you pull it with?
I have a couple of old Ford tractors.
It's getting to be time to think about deer plots here.

Nice plow?Looks like an old Dearborn or Ferguson and very complete. Narrow too. Maybe a 2-12"?
Is there an ID tag on it?
Nice score if the wear parts are even halfway decent.
What do you pull it with?
I have a couple of old Ford tractors.
It's getting to be time to think about deer plots here.
Is a Ferguson model 66 I believe 2-14 we got it used for the extended garden. Waiting on rock shares. Doing it with the tiller was too much to the spine.

To tell the truth it looked nice but I know nothing of it just looked good and got it. Learning on the fly.

Attachments

• IMG_4861.jpeg
    IMG_4861.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 17
Actually my "accounting office" is surprisingly helpful in a somewhat sarcastic way. I was complaining (cussing copiously) about cheap snap ring tools while she was helping. She said some like "As if I've ever stopped you from buying better tools". We commonly say that any project worth doing requires at least one new tool purchase.
Mine always tells me, do you really need that tool. My answer is always, I use every tool I own... to which she replies yea, you do.

Last edited:
I am ashamed but years ago I did away with the copy of a copy of Chinese snap ring pliers and it was frustrating but got the job done.

Back