What Did You Buy Today?

Flip the switch and it goes from internal to external . I'll bet they did as they are identical . :grin:
Hi Tech is the brand. I have three pair (various sizes) that came in a toolbox I bought.

I'd like a set with removable tips that would use same system as the parallel-jaw pliers Bernard used to make. Then the points would move in parallel, instead of an arc.

I have a set of three of the same brand that I've probably had for at least 10 yrs. Got tired of the cheap ones always slipping. Have acquired several different styles in the last year doing transmission work on the tractor. Have had to do some grinding work on a few to get them to do what I needed. Mike

I have a pair of Hi-Tech brand snap ring pliers.

I'd like a set with removable tips that would use same system as the parallel-jaw pliers Bernard used to make. Then the points would move in parallel, instead of an arc.
I've got a few extra sets of tips . :big grin:

It's been a couple of years so don't hold me to it but I do seem to remember that Snap On did buy out this brand.
You do realize that the Snap-on Van is not a rap van? right? anything that happens past the first step in is consensual.... you knew where you were going, they didn't drag you in....

Hi Tech is the brand. I have three pair (various sizes) that came in a toolbox I bought.

I'd like a set with removable tips ...
I have made special tips for mine a couple of times..
They both use a hex shaped tip.
Large one is 5/32 the small one is 3/32
I just used that size of allen wrenches (have a coffee can full of misfit/mixed sized ones)
Cut one in half, put one end in a drill and hold it to a running grinder as you spin the drill.
Easy peasy.

...I get a constant stream of packages delivered to the house.
About 20 years ago, UPS delivered a package with close to 40lbs of heatsink in it. It was about two feet tall and 1.5" thick. They put it between the main door and storm door. She opened the storm door, not expecting a heavy package to push the door open which nearly knocked her off the porch. I caught some flack for that one...and it wasn't even my fault for putting it there!

New, and ridiculously expensive knipex snap ring pliers to replace the old cheapies. Because snap rings are aggravating enough without adding bad tools to the mix.
View attachment 486072
I have the same set, well worth the money! I flipped the plastic tray over and filled it with 2 part foam to extend it's life. Still solid after 5 years!

I have the same set, well worth the money! I flipped the plastic tray over and filled it with 2 part foam to extend it's life. Still solid after 5 years!

I wish I had thought of that. (headslap) :clapping:

Back