(Used) Grizzly G0709 14x40 Ownership Thread

In our world there are three certainties, death, taxes and rust.
The use of Camellia oil and beeswax by the axe using community retards the formation of rust, It was used by the samurai's to keep their blades shiny and clean.
I use it also and find it works good.

In our world there are three certainties, death, taxes and rust.
The use of Camellia oil and beeswax by the axe using community retards the formation of rust, It was used by the samurai's to keep their blades shiny and clean.
I use it also and find it works good.
I obviously hit reply too quickly... I have beeswax. I will get some Camellia oil and give that a try. Just need to hide it from my wife.

Johnson's paste wax or similar furniture wax is popular with woodworkers to keep bare metal surfaces rust free. I just keep my metal working tools oiled and that seems to do the job. Can't oil most wood working tools because of the wood dust and possible contamination of the wood being worked, not so much of an issue with metal which often comes oiled.

It doesn't necessarily have to be camellia oil. You can use anything, pour it into some melted beeswax to create a viscous paste and rub it in. Let it stand for a while and polish it. Like waxing your car.

Fans are the only way I can work out in my garage in summer! For an LED light, what sort of socket does the lamp have? I have the same one on my mill and I put a homemade LED light in it that works just fine. 2W I think, nice and cool

My biggest problem is with my wood working power tools - LOTS of cast iron surface area that attracts sweat droplets. My fans are the only way I can work in my garage without leaving rust spots everywhere.

My biggest problem is with my wood working power tools - LOTS of cast iron surface area that attracts sweat droplets. My fans are the only way I can work in my garage without leaving rust spots everywhere.
I used to work in a timber mill and joinery a long time ago, and we would spray the iron surfaces with silicone spray to make the wood glide better. This also protects against rust.

Back