Turning Square Threads

Fantastic work Heather :encourage: Who needs a CNC machine when you have a Heather :grin:

One of the best, possible THE best machining center operators I have had the pleasure of working with was a woman. Just about always improved the programs that the guys sent to her machine. Very little scrap, and now (for several years) is a small business owner.

Back when I was a 2nd shifter while in school, a woman taught me a good deal about lathe operation. Allowed me as a green kid to use her instruments. I'll always be grateful. So it's not just in hobby shops that women are found. Industry has a few too.

Heather, glad to have you here.

Heather,
Last night and this morning I watched all six parts of your rifling attachment to your Grizzly lathe. I'm impressed. How are you going to power it longitudinally?
It looks like something that could easily be adapted to make helical gears also. Good job!

Steve Shannon

One of the best, possible THE best machining center operators I have had the pleasure of working with was a woman. Just about always improved the programs that the guys sent to her machine. Very little scrap, and now (for several years) is a small business owner.

Back when I was a 2nd shifter while in school, a woman taught me a good deal about lathe operation. Allowed me as a green kid to use her instruments. I'll always be grateful. So it's not just in hobby shops that women are found. Industry has a few too.

Heather, glad to have you here.
awesome Tony
I learned most of my machining on the job also . im glad to hear im not alone lol. I have met a few Women in the industry but normally im the only one at any given maintenance shop :)

Heather,
Last night and this morning I watched all six parts of your rifling attachment to your Grizzly lathe. I'm impressed. How are you going to power it longitudinally?
It looks like something that could easily be adapted to make helical gears also. Good job!

Steve Shannon
its powered by hand :) I thought about adding a motor/belt drive but I have to move this stuff by my self and its almost to heavy for me to get on the lathe with out me damaging the lathe or something (like myself) so I'm just going to leave it light

So it doubles as a piece of exercise equipment.

Steve Shannon, P.E.

Back