Turning my garage into my little machine shop

No i am using the Behr Epoxy paint. The first coat i just lay it on very heavy to get a good base and help seal it. Which is why it takes so long. I sit there and dab a brush into alot of the corners and parts the roller cant get to and fill it in. The difference between the painted and non painted was pretty good. I run a dehumidifier in the garage to help any moisture get out. The paint is to seal what i can and give it a nice clean look.

Tonight was a doozy. Had to lay it on thick again. Of course the color has a little bit of a mismatch from when i got the 2 gallon jugs and the 5 gallon. I knew it was gonna be off when i read the old number at 900N and the number 900 on the 5 gallon. Its a garage so i will deal with it. Tmr i will move everything away from the mill and run my second coat of epoxy pain all the way down and around the mill so i can get rid of the wheel marks from the engine hoist and dollies. I will say. The 3 dollies i got from harbor freight 2 years ago held up great with those machines sitting on them.76020B37-4CA6-4C23-864B-DDBB8F93FC8C.jpegB9AD612D-BA3A-4CC6-8E92-77150337F01D.jpegBD54423E-4E55-4C9E-8AD9-AC40E49F93AB.jpeg
Oh i also got a new light in the garage. One of those LED tri-folds. As you can see it helps brighten the place up!

Cost: 765$
Hours of Labor: 26
And one jug of mismatch paint :bawling:

You're off to a clean, very good looking start.

I am so close Hman. This weekend ill have electric run and then i can set up 3/4 of the garage. I will only have a small section left to finish painting.

Isn’t it amazing how painting the walls and floor make it sooooo much better ! Having your ceiling done completes it !

Looking great Brent!

-brino

It brightens the hell out of the place too. And with the LED light its even better. Now if i got my way, just imagine what Osha Orange would do for that floor lol

It's taking a while to get done, but over next year you'll be continuously thanking yourself for doing it, and you'll not care two twits that the color is slightly mismatched.

I'm wishing I had painted my peg boards white before I had started hanging stuff on them. Now that I've seen how much brighter your shop is, I may pull stuff off my peg board in sections and repaint it with leftovers that I have. The wife has like five different buckets with slightly different shades of off-white.

Probably getting tired of seeing updates every day lol. Tonight i finished painting the left side of the garage completely. I also painted over by the mill to get rid of the marks from when i was setting it into place. Now to let it sit until Saturday to cure a little bit and then the wiring starts! My DRO was on sale on amazon from 269.99 to 235.99. Plus i had another 30$ in credit. So after tax i will be getting it July 7th for 230$
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082F5DN1...abc_ASMEE2JG12X4P207A4Z0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It is basically the same one everyone gets from bangood but its already the sizes i need for the travel my mill has so i should be pretty good. That will be fun to hook up as i will have no clue what i am doing lol
75B28014-AD49-4746-915D-08FD799E7478.jpeg4D6FADCD-98DA-418C-9547-4FB6DAB3E67E.jpegA5F3FAE4-C3BD-4CA0-9D67-1AE88B64FF42.jpeg
Cost: 765$
Hours of Labor: 28

Back