Turning my garage into my little machine shop

That looks great! You need more lighting!
Robert

Quick question for anyone tuning in. :offtopic: What does everyone use for the ball detent oilers. My mill has one for the spindle. Could i get away with using a eagle oil can? Would i need a special tip?

The standard Eagle oiler should be fine.

Probably getting tired of seeing updates every day lol.

Not at all! I like to see the progress.........especially when I cannot seem to make any progress on my own projects.

What does everyone use for the ball detent oilers.

It depends if they are flush or stick-out like zerk fitting for grease.
For the flush ones I use an eagle and try to push the ball with the tip and give it a couple pumps.
For the "stick-out" ones I put a piece of tubing over the oiler tip that fits tightly around the fitting, a few pumps fills the tube and the pressure forces some past the ball.

-brino

I will have to check and see i thought it was almost flush like a zerk fitting

I use one of these Goldenrod oil cans. A local hardware store carries them, but they are available online from many vendors including Amazon.

Oil cans

I have an 8520 and the point on these works well with the ball oilers on it. They are fairly cheap so I have a couple in the shop, some with the hard spout, some with the flex spout.

looking good. You'll need more than 1 4ft light and that tri-fold thing though. LED lights throw sharp shadows, so even thought they're brighter you often end up with stuff in deeper darkness than before. A set of 6 or 8 single 4ft 20W LED tubes from Amazon is a great idea. They daisy chain so you can run them all off a single light bulb socket. A friend of mine did that for his garage at my suggestion and he has lovely even glare free light all over with no appreciable dark spots.

Trust me, more less bright LED lights is much better than fewer brighter ones.

You got a link? Always willing to look. The 4ft one i will be wiring just about directly above the machines.

here you go

lovely white light (not too blue, not too yellow), very even illumination (he has them evenly spaced over the ceiling of a 2 car garage) and just the right amount of brightness. He bought a light socket to mains plug adapter and runs them off that. Took him no time to install them either, they're so light that the clips just screw into the drywall on the ceiling. If I were doing my garage from scratch, that's what I'd buy and I'm really picky when it comes to lighting.

Back