Turning my garage into my little machine shop

Thanks Hman. I dont plan on taking anything apart as its in pretty good shape. Just needs a good scrubbing before i use it.
If you use a degreaser like that, you'll want to oil the parts well afterwards.

I've found that a rag soaked in motor oil works wonders. Wipe it on to dampen everything, wait a few minutes, and wipe it off with a clean(er) rag. Finish up with a rag that is actually clean.

I plan to do a oil over on both machines before i really use them. I will ofcourse run them to get the power going

Well today was a little rough to do anything after the heat today. But i had to soldier on. Tonight i did a coat on the ceiling and wall. Its hard to tell if it is making it brighter but i am sure it is. Especially once i hit the concrete.

BeforeCAB3EFB5-11FC-4008-B7DE-914FAF3E11BC.jpeg
After
B4AC8CAD-147A-4C26-9DF0-198CBA0FC550.jpeg037E43FA-0C9F-4F35-BDD0-8AE4B2DDF043.jpeg
Cost: 765$
Hours of Labor: 22.5

Yea that is where the main panel lives. I also have alot of space so for now i wont be doing a subpanel. Plenty of room if need be though.

Yea that is where the main panel lives. I also have alot of space so for now i wont be doing a subpanel. Plenty of room if need be though.
Might I make one suggestion?

One day you're going to do something in your shop that ends with saying, "Ooops. That's not good." I'm thinking that you don't want it to involve live wires. Run any new circuits in metal conduit, and rig up a protective cover for the ones that are exposed now. Even something as simple as a box from scrap wood will do the trick. It's a pain, but its cheap insurance.

In high school, I worked as an electrician's helper. One of the jobs I worked on was re-wiring a house that burned, because the home-owner ran some circuits himself. He held the romex in place by putting roofing nails through it.

Not saying anyone here is that <you choose the term>, but . . .

@Shotgun yea all those wires back there are from when we went to a 200A service. I plan to cover that up. But i also plan to run more wire soon to the basement and its going to involve cutting the ceiling out so when that project gets done then i will address that. I have some wire tracking that i will run along the top of the concrete to hold the wires and then it has a snap on cover

Back