Turning my garage into my little machine shop

Ok so tonights adventure was to do a second coat of epoxy. It was a hell of a lot quicker tonight then last night. I guess because of not having to lay it on to soak in. I think it came out great. Here are some photos right after i was finished. I can get a few photos in the morning when it dries up.
B94D48FD-9447-418F-8378-B0A70256D97B.jpeg4E087205-88C9-4ED6-A9E5-A906521D1713.jpeg334E5C69-73BA-4E04-800C-785AED840D0E.jpeg
The paint that is peeling up i left out to mess with at a later date. I plan to scrape it all loose scrub it and clean it. Then i will paint over that area along with the next section i do. I will be doing sections in this garage as it is also used for active storage. Now i have to wait for a looong 72 hours so i can finally FINALLY set my machines down to their resting places. In the mean time Saturday i will start by shuffling the garage around again. (My wife is gonna love me) so i can bring my tool box into the garage and give her the section in the house for her storage.

Not a lot being done tonight. Plotting out my wiring and making a list. HD is doing a 0% finance deal on their credit card so i will be taking advantage on buying most of everything i need for this project. Right now i am stuck as to wiring for my mill. Was told it was 110 but the plug is confusing me on what it could really be. Tmr i will start adding ip price and hours invested into the project for a cool little information thing for others.

:laughing:Ehah nope the stuff i used was already self priming so i just used that.

The epoxy you used is the same as I used in my garage , scroll down and you’ll see the primer listed . It still might not have helped your peeling anyway this is the first time I’ve used this water base garage floor paint . So far I’m happy with it , 2 years now , it is wearing where I drive the Kubota on , our drive is asphalt millings with lots of grit coming in on the tires . Youll be glad you painted it

It has only peeled in that one section and i think there is something on the concrete. I will be 100% honest with everybody. I did not follow the directions to a T. I basically swept the wall and too little ledge down and vacuumed the floor up. I didnt do the etching or anything they say to do. I wasnt ready to spend crazy money on the floor due to the fact my floor is pitted and has broken spots already in the concrete. I didnt have the money or the time to try and smooth anything over. Its a garage shop that even though my wife wants to park her car in (never going to happen due to the **** we have in there lol) will never see heavy weight on it for the most part. Once the machines have been sat down they wont be moved either. When i saw the primer in the epoxy paint i said well perfect a 2 for 1 set up. My main goal was a fresh start on the ground, brighten it up, and help seal the moisture out. I hope no one takes this as a hack job. I am trying not to cut corner where needed.

Not a lot done today as i was hoping to do. Hit up the ol HD and got 400$ of materials. Tomorrow is the big day! After that i will be emptying the garage again to bring a tool box in and put a storage rack where the toolbox was. I will also be moving things so i can start painting the ceiling and the wall. After tomorrow only 2 coats of paint are all that is stopping me from wiring up the machines!

Hours of Labor: 17
Cost: 765$

Today was moving day. So i went to work and grabbed the engine hoist and brought it home.
1B3DCCFF-35B5-4140-932C-89E5D4E9200D.jpeg
Didnt get any pictures of doing the unloading. But i got them down and set to the ground.557FD88A-CC65-454F-80FF-D5FBF9E3B823.jpeg
They are perfect height let me tell you. I am 5'1" and the sit at the perfect working height. After i got the place painted and electrical running i plan to give these machines a bath before i use them and level them. What is a good degreaser for the machines to help pull off any crusty chips and what not?

Unfortunately I could not rejoice for long.9A479C0F-D765-4716-BC78-9892189D8A95.jpeg
Back to cluttering the machines so i cant use them!:cry::bawling: Time to let them sit for another 2 years. KIDDING. The panel box is on the left wall in the picture. So before i can run the wire i will be painting the left half of the garage. So for the next week i see more late night rolling away! If only it were possible to do the ol Mr Bean trick and put a paint can in the middle of the room with an m80.:laughing:

DDF63FD5-DB53-465A-9680-E52A5D7FA1D6.jpegD75D1BB8-AEEC-48F3-9B3B-CAA64E3DD3D9.jpeg
Half of the garage is empty. Now to let the dehumidifier suck out the moisture from the day and we will be ready for the Epoxy on Wednesday. May patch that little hole with some filler cement before i do the paint as well. Back to the HD possibly lol.

I may have another update tonight if i start the painting on the drywall. Until then this will be my daily update.

Cost: 765$
Hours of Labor: 21

That's really an amazing contrast between the paInted and unpainted areas! Hope you get it done soon, and get to enjoy the fruits of your labors.

Regarding cleanup ... for smaller parts, I've used an oil drain pan and a jug of orange Zep as a poor man's dunk-and-scrub parts washer. The spout on the pan makes it easy to return the used Zep to the jug with a funnel, and usually with a strainer. I don't have room enough (or frequent enough need) in my shop to justify getting a "real" parts washer. The Zep is probably pretty good for on-machine cleanup as well.
kHPIM0754.jpg

Thanks Hman. I dont plan on taking anything apart as its in pretty good shape. Just needs a good scrubbing before i use it.

Back