Tools Used Less Than Expected

My son and I, ooo and aww a lot of tools that we would like to have. End up finding ones, and buying them. Almost kind of a competition. Having had to improvise in the past, it is good to finally have the correct tools. And yes, I pretty much use all of them. Have not used my PI tape in a while, as I have not taken on any Big jobs lately.

My son and I, ooo and aww a lot of tools that we would like to have. End up finding ones, and buying them. Almost kind of a competition. Having had to improvise in the past, it is good to finally have the correct tools. And yes, I pretty much use all of them. Have not used my PI tape in a while, as I have not taken on any Big jobs lately.
Pi tape, that's a thing?

Pi tape, that's a thing?
How else would you know whether it was a small, medium, or large?

I guess that I could see the utility of that if I was a forester but I can think of a lot of things that I would rather spend money on. It wiouls definitely go on my seldom used list.

I never use my rotary table. Every time I have a project that could use it I end up doing something that's faster but not as good. This is probably because I suck at setting up the RT to do what I want it to do.

How else would you know whether it was a small, medium, or large?

I guess that I could see the utility of that if I was a forester but I can think of a lot of things that I would rather spend money on. It wiouls definitely go on my seldom used list.
A Pi tape is how to measure very large stuff down to 0.001" with the veneer scale on the tape. I don't have a lathe that big but I used to work on stuff up to 32". A Pi tape is accurate and much less expensive than 10ft micrometers.

I don use my Starrett digital depth gage much. I think the reason is because it’s not in a convenient place. I don’t reverse engineer much. If it were in arms reach I would likely use it more

Took a nice size chunk out of my shin when a log fell on it . Been going up to the wound center for over a month now . Leg is still wrapped up but the hole is closing up slowly .
Dave,
Sorry to hear about your wound sir.
I sure hope your blood sugar is good??

Take good care my friend.

I use this for large lathe work, as my mic’s only go to 12” and I have a 24” Caliper

Attachments

• IMG_3427.jpeg
    IMG_3427.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 4
I use this for large lathe work, as my mic’s only go to 12” and I have a 24” Caliper
When teaching, students were fascinated by the Pi tape. Never used one at work, but my home shop I use a tape measure and math. I wonder how many on this forum know about the Pi Tape ? Old school.

Back