Tools Used Less Than Expected

Almost certainly if one of them went out the door, I would have a project that could not be completed without it.

Wow, that means at some point I will need my brand new in the box plasma cutter?

Cool. Never used a plasma cutter before :cool:
Now, see, I would have a use for a plasma cutter. A project that I am envisioning is welding up stainless steel flue pipe for my wood burning furnace as the steel pipe rots out every couple of years. The pipe pieces, including all the elbows have been laid out in SolidWorks for years now awaiting an effective way to cut the .076" stainless from a salvaged commercial sink unit. However, I can't justify the purchase of a plasma torch for a single use like that.

I bought the plasma cutter to cut a 6.2 LS engine out of a badly rolled escalade that was up for auction. I put a $1000 bid on it and that stood for 3 weeks. The last 30 seconds it went up to $4700. Obviously I didn't up my bid. I can get an LS3 off ebay for $3500 delivered with a warranty.

So the plasma in in the corner patiently awaiting its day of glory.

The Fadal seems to be running well today. I probably just jinxed myself.

Plasma is such a cool piece of equip. much easier to cut shapes and then dress them off.. Wish I had one.. but where would I put it?

Yes, a plasma cutter has been on my list forever but outside my budget. I said I would buy a plasma cutter and a Millermatic 252 the day I retired, but have not.

Yes, a plasma cutter has been on my list forever but outside my budget. I said I would buy a plasma cutter and a Millermatic 252 the day I retired, but have not.
I love my Miller 252. A guy I worked with built utility trailers on the side, he closed up shop selling everything.
I paid 800.00 for the welder, A big rack of steel, angle, sheet, rack included for 400.00 I sold most of the steel for 1200.00
Now, I'm waiting for that cheap plasma to come around!

Say it ain't so. You've been threatening to retire for some time now.
What are you doing on Tuesday? :)
Been off for more than 2 months now due to an injury from the log splitter. Monday I make it official at work . Still will help them out with their dies when needed . Tuesday will be leaving for Toronto and over to Calgary Canada for a month .

Been off for more than 2 months now due to an injury from the log splitter. Monday I make it official at work . Still will help them out with their dies when needed . Tuesday will be leaving for Toronto and over to Calgary Canada for a month .
You ok?

Back