Tools Used Less Than Expected

I love my Miller 252. A guy I worked with built utility trailers on the side, he closed up shop selling everything.
I paid 800.00 for the welder, A big rack of steel, angle, sheet, rack included for 400.00 I sold most of the steel for 1200.00
Now, I'm waiting for that cheap plasma to come around!
I bought a 252 at work to replace the old Rotunda mig welder that was there when I started back in 1986.
The Miller 252 is so far superior to that old piece of junk.
Needless to say, the guys were very thankful.
I just checked the price on one from Bakers gas, $4,399.
I think I paid less than $3,000 for it including the gas!
Another example of prices going crazy in the last five years.

#1 - Haimer Taster.

I got work to buy me one when I wrecked my CO-AX trying to perform a miracle for engineering.

Its nice to have when I need it, but I still use the CO-AX more often. I was able to fix the CO-AX for $65 buying the new parts direct from Blake.:D

This all sounds like great stuff for the goaround box or in some cases......crate :D

Just a pitty I can't take part over there,but you guys can have a ball.

Now, see, I would have a use for a plasma cutter. A project that I am envisioning is welding up stainless steel flue pipe for my wood burning furnace as the steel pipe rots out every couple of years. The pipe pieces, including all the elbows have been laid out in SolidWorks for years now awaiting an effective way to cut the .076" stainless from a salvaged commercial sink unit. However, I can't justify the purchase of a plasma torch for a single use like that.
Check with your LWS.

Lots of times they have rental units available.

John

Back