Tool wish you kept

Craftsman drill press vise from the 70's. This one would tilt and had a rotating base.
It's jaws were about 2 inches wide. In looking back the $20.00 I got for it at a garage sale
was not so good.

In looking at the Palmgren vises now that go for over $100.00 looks like the exact vise.
The Craftsman looked just like it!

can l change the concept a bit, to tools l wish l had brought?
when l brought my craftsman 103.xxxxxx 150 drill press for $45.00,
he had a power hack saw, probably a craftsman too, for $25.00.
Didn't think I had the room, (I didn't, but that never stopped me before) didn't think I'd use it much.
Wish I had brought it.
I had my hands on it does that count?

same here.....now cars and guitars ,amps and women. that's another story

yep, a few woman I messed up by breaking up with. I would take back today if I could.
but of course, a few, it was pretty much the best thing for both of us, and for me for sure...............LOL
Guitars, No, sold a few, but don't care, don't touch it much lately, but I'll never sell my circa late 80's APX 6 acoustic.Electric. It's a pretty white one.

Dummy me, left behind a nice tube amp when I moved one time.

Through the years, I never did sell anything, I just built bigger garages for all my tool acquisitions. Now what do I do?
Keep e'm.......lol
We can't all do that though (Build bigger buildings)
Good for you though. :thumbzup3:

My Grandfathers bench mount belt sander.
He didn't have much for tools at home. To preoccupied with feeding 8 kids.
The belt sander was tired.
At the time I had no way of turning the new rollers, and pressing the bearings that she badly needed.
My brother sent her to scrap.
My Grandfather was a WWII Navy Machinist, then worked at FMC in Mpls.
I miss him.

Daryl
MN

miss mine too, too bad I was a dumb a$$ young kid that didn't care about nothing.
He was an electrician, and could fix darn near anything, l could have learned a lot more.
did cement work too,

Hi do they have a TV show for tool hoarders, i would be a good episode, the thing that bothers me is not having so many tools but what happens to them after the dirt nap. I have 50 years of woodworking and metal working machines plus 2 auto-body toolboxes. I was thinking of selling some stuff that I don't use but again its hard to pry from my hands. I hope to see some of you at the next tool hoarders anonymous meeting.

your like me, l hate to throw anything out.
Get rid of the stuff when we die............LOL........:reddevil: (Not hoping I go with him)

40x60 pole barns aren't really all that expensive. Put up two: one for a shop and one for storage. Make sure you have open land for expansion.

Or buy a farm with a dozen ramshackle sheds, barns, and chicken coops.

I bought the farm twice & lived ! Seriously, I bought the improvements of an original 1888 settlement farm with 'bout 4 acres & many out buildings. My little shop was a hen house It's 13' X 30 ' long. My other shop is part of a 26' X 80' pole shed. It's 16' X 26' & obviously expandable. Both shops are full of machines & tooling. I rarely sell tooling or machines but I'm considering thinning the herd of late. Even so, I recently ordered a D1-4 5C collet chuck for my Harrison M300 lathe to use the 24 piece collet set I got on ebay.

Back in 1990 I was heavily into scale plastic models. Had a hobby room that was 8' x 12, a great spray booth, many air brushes maybe 200 + models on the shelf. I won a few awards for my projects around my area.
My wife's friend had just lost her husband , (A nice guy but not a hobbiest. ) He was a horder of sorts.

She called us to ask for help clean out the garage after a few months. We went over and worked for 4 days clearing & diffusing her life as friends often do.
She asked us to take some heavy boxes and crates from the basement for her. She said "please keep what ever you want , But this I want you to have "

4 moldy water stained cardboard boxes and 2 small crates in the corner, little did I know what a completely NEW (dismantled ) Atlas lathe was worth or the model # it was or the value of itself or the gift. I knew it was a lathe , but I had no use for it then.

I sat in my garage for 3 years until my wife had a garage sale while I was at work. I did get to keep the $50 though.

:pondering: Actually I miss Ken and Helen more than the lathe.

Back