This Really Has To Stop.....i'll Be Broke Sooner Than Later.

Why buy a $10 part when you can use $10,000 worth of tools to make it yourself?

If you love to buy tools, machining is the gift that just keeps on giving. I always need SOMETHING I don't have to finish a project.

To late you have the disease now and there is no knowen cure for it. The only treatment is buying bore tools. Welcume to the clube.

There is a sure cure found for this. It is called being broke. Once you are broke you won't buy anymore. Now you stand a good chance at relapse when you get more money tho.

There is a sure cure found for this. It is called being broke. Once you are broke you won't buy anymore.

Won't stop you from scrounging stuff for free, though, and it makes it hard to get rid of stuff that just might come in handy some day.

Being broke just make you scrounge harder, and go back to the old barter systems, What do you need for that, I can do this. It does not cure it, makes you find different ways to feed it., in fact there was a thread on here something about one guys creative ways to fund his requirements.

Scrounging isn't buying & is all good. I all that being green cause it makes me sound like a better person.

I always end up in the hole every time I trade so I try not to.

You know your buying to much, when you have brand new Mitutoyo 50-300 inside mics, and 0-150 Depth mics still in the pagage on your bedside table!

Guys it could be worse, one forum member is addicted to buying machines, I think he purchased 3 mills and 3 lathes in the last 2 years :eek:

Guys it could be worse, one forum member is addicted to buying machines, I think he purchased 3 mills and 3 lathes in the last 2 years :eek:

I 'wish' I had the resources (and space) for that... I would definitely re-furb them and find them good homes... :grin:

If your profile picture (autox, it looks like) represents your other hobby, you'll find it's very much like car parts; once you start you never stop. Especially on a BMW. Various friends have fallen into that hole and it doesn't let you go! Metalworking is no different.

I 'wish' I had the resources (and space) for that... I would definitely re-furb them and find them good homes... :grin:

That's a little easier said than done :D I had plans to rebuild my mill and lathe....I got into the trim on my mill and never found time, interest, or money to finish it.....

Back