The New 1340GT from PM

I have that same type of leveling foot under my current lathe and am very satisfied. Got 'em from Enco, I believe. I capped the legs on the bench I made and tapped them directly before welding in place.

8277127462_0273f19d35_o.jpg

I tried the neoprene sort under the bench mill I had and didn't care for them. Maybe I set them incorrectly, but they didn't feel stable.

-Ryan

8277127462_0273f19d35_o.jpg

Must be machine level/mount day. I used "mason"? Brand mounts on my lathe.
ebe3apy5.jpg

e5a7a7uq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the neoprene sort under the bench mill I had and didn't care for them. Maybe I set them incorrectly, but they didn't feel stable.

-Ryan

I used the neoprene ones on a piece of equipment at work several years ago and I always thought it felt a bit "spongy". And yes that is a technical term.:lmao: After switching over the ones pictured above it was solid as could be.

Mike.

Guys,
Thanks for the feedback. JPatMcConnel has located the correct size nylon spacers for me so I can employ his method of installing leveling mounts, centered, in the unthreaded holes of the base cabinets (mentioned earlier in this thread). The threaded holes in the base cabinets and the supplied leveling bolts are in fact 1/2"-12 TPI which I just "re-confirmed" at the local Fastenall. I couldn't believe my eyes when I measured them here so I wanted to hear it from somebody else unsolicited... Not sure why LD Machine would use such an odd ball, obsolete, 19th century thread. Of Course, no aftermarket mounts available for that thread. Why not use a modern 1/2"-13 TPI or M12-1.75?
Thanks.
Tim

Called RRF today and I am scheduled for an AM delivery tomorrow. My VFD showed up yesterday so I mounted it in my NEMA enclosure last night. I was under the assumption that it would arrive in the crate with the lathe but it showed up via UPS.

Mike.

Glad to hear all went well Tim.

I like the hockey pucks and have a few of my machines sitting on them.

We need some pictures.

Back