The New 1340GT from PM

I just received word that my PM-1340GT shipped out today.

That is awesome. I received an email from Matt yesterday stating that mine left and they would forward me the tracking information but I have not received that yet. I am thinking more than likely Tuesday will be the delivery date but won't know for certain until I see a tracking number.

Mike.

That is funny. When I first started working on motorcycles back in jr. high school I struggled with oil leaks on some of the earlier model year bikes. I had a mentor tell me that "they all leak, it's when they stop leaking you need to be concerned because it means they are out of oil". At the time I thought it was a cruel joke but over the years I learned he was right to a certain degree.

Mike.

Everyone knows that Harleys don't leak oil, they mark their territory!

That is awesome. I received an email from Matt yesterday stating that mine left and they would forward me the tracking information but I have not received that yet. I am thinking more than likely Tuesday will be the delivery date but won't know for certain until I see a tracking number.

Mike.

Don't do your happy-dance just yet, dude. Those shipping companies aren't FedEx - tracking info isn't the same level of detail and you might be making follow-up phone calls. Hope not, but be prepared. That was my experience. Not terrible, but not easy to figure out where my mill was until I called and they confirmed it was at the local terminal.

-Ryan

Don't do your happy-dance just yet, dude. Those shipping companies aren't FedEx - tracking info isn't the same level of detail and you might be making follow-up phone calls. Hope not, but be prepared. That was my experience. Not terrible, but not easy to figure out where my mill was until I called and they confirmed it was at the local terminal.

-Ryan

Great! Thanks Ryan. Kill my happy moment.

Originally in the email Nicole sent they told her 5 business days so that is what I was going off of. Like I said, I have not received a tracking # yet so at this point I have no idea, just guessing.

Mike.

Agreed don't bother with the tracking with most truck companies, but they usually run dead on time I find.

Thinking about the Chinese chuck on this machine, IMHO it deserves a nice 6 jaw anyway and convert the Chinese chuck into a super spacer for the mill.

Agreed don't bother with the tracking with most truck companies, but they usually run dead on time I find.

Thinking about the Chinese chuck on this machine, IMHO it deserves a nice 6 jaw anyway and convert the Chinese chuck into a super spacer for the mill.

That is exactly what I am doing. I picked up a 6.250" 6-jaw Gator chuck that will reside on the lathe the majority of the time as I will more than likely alternate between that and the 8" 4-jaw chuck. I was planning on using the 3-jaw that comes with the lathe for smaller items on the lathe when needed and on my rotary table for the mill.

Mike.

Great! Thanks Ryan. Kill my happy moment.

Originally in the email Nicole sent they told her 5 business days so that is what I was going off of. Like I said, I have not received a tracking # yet so at this point I have no idea, just guessing.

Mike.

Mike,

Tracking on road runner web site sucks (assuming they uses road runner freight as your shipper). Ask Matt for your PRO # then call (877) 392-1729 they have much more up to date info on where your shipment is. Mine should be arriving by 08/04/14 or 08/05/14. All electrical wiring are done, just need to install some more overhead lighting.

Danny

Back