Tap organization

I don't have many taps, but I wanted them organized, so I got little square plastic mailing tubes at McMaster-Carr, labeled them and set them in my tool box drawer. I have a Huot tap case as well.

Here's the whole drawer. I didn't have a place for the air stuff, so it lives with the taps:
DSC01286.JPG

Here are the plastic cases. I used file folder labels for the labels:
DSC01287.JPG

This is the closest thing I have to "organized". It's more like they're grouped by common sizes but not in any particular order.
I also have about 100 more or so that are in my junk bins. Most are brand new and many are old school USA made.

1693630680109.png

I don't have many taps, but I wanted them organized, so I got little square plastic mailing tubes at McMaster-Carr, labeled them and set them in my tool box drawer. I have a Huot tap case as well.

Here's the whole drawer. I didn't have a place for the air stuff, so it lives with the taps:
View attachment 458809

Here are the plastic cases. I used file folder labels for the labels:
View attachment 458810
This looks like just the ticket! I don't have nearly the number of taps that most folks seem to have, but lots of them are wrapped in surplus mcmaster carr plastic bags with sharpie labels. Not working!

Tim

Got everything sorted. I ran out of label tape, so I'll have to finish up some of them later. I am "missing" some sizes. But what I like about these drawers over the indexes is I can easily move them around. I like having the larger drawers, but, if I had to do it over again, I would habe just bought two of the sets with the small drawers.

IMG_0936.jpeg

Got everything sorted. I ran out of label tape, so I'll have to finish up some of them later. I am "missing" some sizes. But what I like about these drawers over the indexes is I can easily move them around. I like having the larger drawers, but, if I had to do it over again, I would habe just bought two of the sets with the small drawers.

View attachment 458975
Why not small up top and larger taps as you go down? That way if you find a crazy deal on a 1" tap you can fit multiples in the larger drawers.

It's easy enough to move everything around.

Back