t nut for my compound

dia is a 0.68 and my son put a 1.5 thread gage on it and it fit fine, but leaveing the final fit up to me is prob best that way its in front of me and i dont have no oops lol:biggrin:
and since i'm a newbie i know its hard for you guys trying to explain some of this stuff for me lol, i once had a fellow welder could not understand that just by wrapping your + lead around the pipe you were welding could decrease the amprege you were useing instead of walking all the way back to the welding truck to change it, to this day he is prob still walking lol:lmao:

Apologies.....I did not understand that you already had the stud, and I suppose, the nut. Does it fit snugly in the tool post? Although the likelihood of it being metric is high, that is close to 11/16" in diameter, and the 1.5 relatively close to 16 TPI. This a standard Unified Screw Thread designation. Possible? Remember, thread OD's usually measure a little under nominal size, and that could explain the deviation from nominal 11/16 (0.6875) and your actual 0.68.

Just food for thought.

OK,
[h=2]13.75 millimeters = 0.541338583 inches[/h]Appropriately undersized for a 9/16" diameter (almost too much though). That's what LMS says their AXA post calls for. Now for the pitch. Do you have an 18 TPI pitch leaf in your gage? the 1.5mm pitch really shouldn't fit all that well. Standard UNF for 9/16" is 18, roughly 1.4mm pitch, not a standard.

Hello All'

My turn,

The metric for the 250-100 is normally M14 x 1.5

Normally the thread dia can be a little on the low side typically 13.85mm dia

Finished
:drink:
DaveH
well i'm dazed and confused now:lmao: so im going to drill it myself now for sure lol that way i get it right, Christmas is coming soon and my better half and kids are asking what i want, so measuring tools would be great lol:biggrin:

well i'm dazed and confused now:lmao: so im going to drill it myself now for sure lol that way i get it right, Christmas is coming soon and my better half and kids are asking what i want, so measuring tools would be great lol:biggrin:
but thanks for all the info and time:biggrin:

Back