t nut for my compound

irishwoodsman

Active User
Registered
hi guys. can some one make me a t nut for my compound, i dont mind paying, i dont have a mill and the one i have is handmade with a grinder and it fits but not to my likeing, let me rephrase this its for my tool post. any help greatly appreciated

hi guys. can some one make me a t nut for my compound, i dont mind paying, i dont have a mill and the one i have is handmade with a grinder and it fits but not to my likeing, let me rephrase this its for my tool post. any help greatly appreciated
i thought about makeing this in 2 peices, the bottom portion then the center portion then welding the ends together then drilling for my stud but will it be strong enough since its welded only on the ends:confused:

What size do you need? I may have one extra one here as I made 2 for my lathe and only use one, but the ones I made I use on a AXA quick change tool post for a 9" South Bend with american threads on the stud. I think the stud is a 5/8-? thread. I also made the stud too, I did not like the metric one that came with the QCTP.
Paul

What size do you need? I may have one extra one here as I made 2 for my lathe and only use one, but the ones I made I use on a AXA quick change tool post for a 9" South Bend with american threads on the stud. I think the stud is a 5/8-? thread. I also made the stud too, I did not like the metric one that came with the QCTP.
Paul
total heigth of t nut is 3/4 width at bottom of t nut is 1-9/16 inches width at top of t nut is 1-1/16 if you need the bottom thickness of t nut its 7/16 and the top thickness is 3/8 if you need a diagram i can have wife try and copy one ty much, this is a sheldon lathe

total heigth of t nut is 3/4 width at bottom of t nut is 1-9/16 inches width at top of t nut is 1-1/16 if you need the bottom thickness of t nut its 7/16 and the top thickness is 3/8 if you need a diagram i can have wife try and copy one ty much, this is a sheldon lathe
stud is american 5/8s too

When I go out to my shop either tonight or tommorrow I will check the dimensions, since I made it last May I do not remember exactly what they were.
Paul

When I go out to my shop either tonight or tommorrow I will check the dimensions, since I made it last May I do not remember exactly what they were.
Paul
that is fine, i guess i need to think about getting a milling attachment for my lathe just wondering if my is strong enough being a 1941 model i looked at some palmgrans, i dont think i need any thing real big

irishwoodsman,

Your dimension don't add up. You say the total height is 3/4" but then say the bottom portion is 7/16" thick and the top is 3/8" thick. Rhat's more than 3/4". Also you're missing one dimension. The length of the T-nut.

Ed
go by the total thickness 3/4 and the length is 2" thats what i get for useing ruler lol sorry about that

go by the total thickness 3/4 and the length is 2" thats what i get for useing ruler lol sorry about that
and the bottom is 7/16 thick for sure the very top had grinding gouges in it so kinda hard getting a real good measurement ty for pointing that out

Back