Swedish Mauser

End use is key, I will by almost any surplus service rifle if the price is right. I dont mind a little rust or not “correct” as far as collecting goes.

I got flak for putting a 7.62 chambered barrel on my 98k. The 8mm barrel was a sewer pipe. Came across some Israeli 7.62 NATO brrels for 98k When they re barreled their stock pile to 762 NATO . Mine was a Russian captured non matching specimen so going to 7.62 was fine by me as its in line with the “history” of the rifles and its in its “original” configuration. Only change was the chamber.

Swede is a nice rifle, although very long and that front sight seems miles away if your struggle seeing your sights lol

Of I where to suggest a great bolt action rifle for cool factor and shooting it would be the Swiss K 31

Next a nice 1903a3 with. C stock

If money was not a obstacle and felt like the guns your looking at I might make a bulk offer for everything lol
My buying days are long gone.

As for Ammunition and Reloding
Really depends how many rounds your really using.
I like to reload so its not even a money thing. Just like to load what I want when I want and what I need
Plus I compete in cmp games with all the service rifles so reloading is how I can afford to play that game.
I have an M.95 Steyr...

Back