Swedish Mauser

53 grains of powder plus a low end FMJ projectile, primer, and free brass still adds up to over a dollar a pop if you bought all the reloading components today.
Still cheaper than buying it 53 grains is a bit stout for 200 yard fun

Im running
4895 .23 cents worth of powder
Primer .10
125 fn FMJ flat base .16 each
All bought in with in last year

Poke around tou can find 155 and 168 HPBT blems at decent price in bulk.

Primers are still up there.

Powder is hit or miss.

For the bolt guns I run cast loads with reduced loads
My favorite for the 30 cal is a 165 gn cast flat nose , running 2400 powder at 1600 fps will hold 10 ring if SR target when im shooting well.
Its all fun

Last edited:
The load is not all that special.

The issue comes down to burn rate of the powder. The heavy side of 30-06 180 , 200 , 220 grain bullet weights tend to use slower powders. In turn can over load the gas system. Most 30-06 150 gn will be fine.

There are a few manufactures making M1 safe ammo . Yet reloading is the way to go. Tou can even run lighter loads in a M1

I run 125 gn bullets with a powder charge of H4895 that is just enough to get 100% function. Great load for the 200 yard matches
I use Accurate 2495 and a 150 gn. Had a buddy messed his gun up shooting commercial loads so I just do not do it. Had another buddy with one that he changed out the orifice in to allow him to shoot the heavier loads.

53 grains of powder plus a low end FMJ projectile, primer, and free brass still adds up to over a dollar a pop if you bought all the reloading components today.
I have been buying bricks of primers for 80.00 each... a bit pricey.

I have a 24" Precision Ballistics barrel 4150 with a 4150 extension. Its also why I really want a .338......
Are you making it to 1000? What are you loading? I shot F/TR with a 24" 308 that took some spooky loads to make it to target, so it became a 600 yard gun. Switched to 6BR for metallic sight prone and never looked back.

I bought three sleeves (15k) of primers last year or two, still 12 cents each in volume with shipping and hazmat. Things have settled down a litte, but after covid was nuts.

@mac1911, where are you finding such cheap projectiles? The price of rifle projos is stupid right now. Bullets I used to buy for $20 are now $65/100 and it's chapping my hiney. Pistol is still a non-issue, they're staying affordable, but rifle is ridiculous. Even cheap Hdy 20 cal is $23 a box. 30 cal and 6mm are double.

Back