Starting a new shop building

Well, got some stuff done inside. Framing is done for my 3 'rooms'. The framed section is 16x30, divided into 2 areas 16x9 and one larger area 16x10 in the center. I know the numbers don't add up exactly, but the shop is 30' deep at the concrete, inside the framing and such you loose a few inches. The center section (16x10) is actually a room 12x10 and a 4' inset area,
20210127_173931.jpg

That stack of OSB in the floor now needs to be lifted above the rooms to be decking/flooring for the storage above. It's also where the AC/heat unit will be.

Your shop is coming along nicely. I see you got the mill in. Must be good to see your dream coming together.

The shop is looking great. What is the deal with the pink studs? Cheers, Mike

Your shop is coming along nicely. I see you got the mill in. Must be good to see your dream coming together.

The shop is looking great. What is the deal with the pink studs? Cheers, Mike

The mill has been there since i bought it, it's the only place I had to put it. Once I get in the new shop it's gonna get a tear down and refurb. It needs new spindle bearings and a good cleaning. More than likely that will turn into a repaint as well. I don't have the knowledge, equipment or funds to scrape it, so here's to hoping the Indian can make use of the arrow.

The studs look fabulous! Not sure why, but that's the way Lowes has them. The wood on this has cost me over 3 times what I budgeted for it. Between a few storms, lots of building going on and I guess the pandemic.

I think that pink is termite treatment? No?
Robert

That stack of OSB
Isn't it amazing how expensive building materials are right now??
I don't imagine prices will come down.
Wood chips and glue have never been this valuable.

Nice shop man!!!

I had forgotten the overall size of you shop but looked back and I think you said 30x40. I also found this comment on Post #28,

"I'm planning on a room sealed with a door for the machine shop, the mill and lathe specifically and associated tooling. Then another sealed room with a desk, and space for my fiber laser, basically a clean room for books and stuff."

I assume that we are looking at those three rooms you mention.

I had forgotten the overall size of you shop but looked back and I think you said 30x40. I also found this comment on Post #28,

"I'm planning on a room sealed with a door for the machine shop, the mill and lathe specifically and associated tooling. Then another sealed room with a desk, and space for my fiber laser, basically a clean room for books and stuff."

I assume that we are looking at those three rooms you mention.

Yes sir. As you look at the photo, the right side which is open will be welders, cutting torch, grinders, sand blaster and other 'dirty' work. The far right with a doorway will be "office", desk, laser, future 3D printer and maybe electronics assembly and repair. The center will be mill and lathe and associated tooling. That will leave the larger part of the shop about 30x24 for woodworking and general stuff.

Back