Somewhat OT: Amazon (and Other) Deliveries (again/still)

ChazzC

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I think I've posted about my past problems with getting deliveries placed where I want (not directly in front of the door, which opens outwards; not in front of the garage; but on the right side of the door), and also keeping drivers from walking on my lawn or in the planting beds. My Amazon Instructions are:

Please leave on the RIGHT SIDE (when facing the front door) of the front entry stoop and DO NOT PLACE IN FRONT OF THE DOOR! DO NOT Leave Packages In The Mailbox Or In The Newspaper Box. Please do not walk on the lawn or the planting beds. Thank you.

Saturday, in addition to filing a "Not Great Delivery" report when my Friday evening package was left in front of the door

20230825 Amazon Delivery.png

I chatted with a total of three agents who all apologized, and the third one refunded the cost of the item (a nice copper ball peen hammer). After thanking him, I asked if he thought it would help if I placed a sign in addition to my instructions, and he said "Sure."

Deliveries Saturday, Sunday and Monday were placed per my instructions, but today the package was dead center on the door:

20230830 Amazon Delivery.png

What the Driver's photo does not show is this:

20230830 Amazon Delivery Sign.jpg
Delivery Sign.jpeg

This time I requested a call back, explained the persistent problem to a nice lady and told her about the sign (which was Monday's delivery and will only be hung out when I am expecting a delivery). She assured me she would file a report which would trigger a counseling session with the driver.

I'm not giving up: I will continue to complain and from now on ask for compensation for each incident.

In fairness to Amazon, while USPS is pretty good about not blocking the door, FedEx almost always leaves packages in front of the door and UPS does it about 40% of the time; maybe their drivers can read better than Amazon's and this will improve?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that my UPS packages are left in front of the door; here is a screenshot of a photo that was in a recent promotional email from UPS:

Typical UPS Delivery.jpg

If you zoom in, you'll see a pile of boxes stacked in front of the door.

Sorry man, but this is one serious first world problem you got on your hands. Have you tried complaining on Facebook?
I don't do The FaceBook (other than occasional perusals of MarketPlace): too many xxxxs (no politically correct description available), and several friends and family members have had their accounts hacked.

Looking on the bright side, I may get a lot of stuff for free if I insist on compensation.

My daughter-in-law ordered a radio control transmitter (a gift for me) and FEDEX put it right in the middle of her garage door opening despite there being a half wall 3 feet away. At 5am my DIL backed out of the garage to go to work and squashed the transmitter flat.

Put out a box and make the sign say to put the packages in the box.
I’ve considered that, but if they can’t follow the current instructions or read the sign I don’t see this as a solution. I tried the “key” entry when I installed a new garage door, but even though I uploaded pictures per their directions, they’d leave packages outside the garage, leaning on the door.

We don't have storm doors here, just screen doors, it opens outwards, but no problem with deliveries, they usually get put on the porch chairs.

Back