Sinister Handedness

Are you left or right handed?

• Total voters
"My parents couldn't afford to buy me a glove so when fielding, I would borrow one. It would be a right hander's glove"

I did the same thing.. Then when I finally got a lefty glove it felt unnatural to catch a ball with the right hand.
Messed up installing that quote!

Last edited:
Now about the left handed lathe.......

If I had a lefthanded lathe I'd want right handed calipers... That means all the right handers should be wanting left handed calipers also.

I am ambidextrous, but mostly right handed. Of course part of it could be I have had my right hand broken about 5 times, and left shoulder redone once. It helps to be able to be somewhat ambidextrous, But for some reason there are many things I jut do with my left hand. I may have to get me one of the left handed calipers, I have a normal one and it drives me bats at times, For some reason it jut seems not to work from my right, I have to use my left to get a good measure. The other problem on some items is that left handed stuff cost more because they do not sell much of it, and it often has to be special ordered. But the price on that caliper does not seem that bad. example left handed bait cast fishing reals.

If was doing production part inspection I think I would buy a pair. But I would still have to put it down so I could write down the results.

I am ambidextrous, but mostly right handed. Of course part of it could be I have had my right hand broken about 5 times, and left shoulder redone once. It helps to be able to be somewhat ambidextrous, But for some reason there are many things I jut do with my left hand. I may have to get me one of the left handed calipers, I have a normal one and it drives me bats at times, For some reason it jut seems not to work from my right, I have to use my left to get a good measure. The other problem on some items is that left handed stuff cost more because they do not sell much of it, and it often has to be special ordered. But the price on that caliper does not seem that bad. example left handed bait cast fishing reals.
Being a lefty, I like the right handed bait casting reels. I cast with my left and reel with my right. Not having to switch hands means I can begin to reel as soon as the bait hits the water. Comes in handy some times, especially when working shallow water.

I,too am a lefty. Although we lefties are really amphibious ,having to exist in a righthanded world. I figured out righthanded scissors early on and when someone gifted me a left handed pair,they felt funny. I shoot rifles right handed but pistols lefty. Learned rifles from my righty Dad but pistols came with no instruction. Left sided just felt better. Now as for lefty calipers,I'm in,lefty lathe???? that would be a learning experience and I'd bet it would be easier for us leftys to relearn that the rest of the world. We have been adapting to their righty equipment for our whole lives.......

Are you left or right handed?
  1. YES
  2. NO
I don't know how to answer that. I am right handed, but only the first answer applies, as it does to all of us.

Being a lefty, I like the right handed bait casting reels. I cast with my left and reel with my right. Not having to switch hands means I can begin to reel as soon as the bait hits the water. Comes in handy some times, especially when working shallow water.
Lefty,and cannot reel with my right hand to save my life! Everything else can do with my right,except eating and writing.

Back