Show Us your Welders!

Hahaha, Ironken thank you I really appreciate your willingness to help a fellow forum member out. :) It's nice to know that there are people who really care about helping their fellow man out! lol And yes I've heard all the horror story's about how bad the Dynasty 300 is or was, guess I better knock on wood, been running like a top since I bought it new well over a decade ago.. Those Syncrowaves are still awesome power supplies, I had a couple of 250's over the years, great machines.. At least if they break in most cases they can be repaired with out the huge repair bills that inverters sometimes have. I'm pretty sure I bought the ESAB back in the 90's it was one of their first inverters, DC tig, stick & mig.. Guess I better replace that red rag with a blue one! LOL

I'm just here to help. My Syncrowave is a new 210 which is an inverter machine. I'm finding myself wanting for a bigger Dynasty....don't get me wrong, this unit is nice but, becoming a little small at times. A Dynasty like yours is on the short list, right up there with a cnc plasma table, a bigger bandsaw and a bottle of unicorn farts.

Yes, I have one of those lists also. :) You might want to try a helium mix if you find that you need a little more heat with that 210? I have found that even as little as 20% helium added to argon makes quite big difference and still have good arc control and starts.. I came really close to buying a Torchmate CNC years ago, but just couldn't justify the price or the space in my little garage. I see that Lincoln bought them out.. I have heard that Trucutcnc.com makes a nice setup also.

Pete

Yes, I have one of those lists also. :) You might want to try a helium mix if you find that you need a little more heat with that 210? I have found that even as little as 20% helium added to argon makes quite big difference and still have good arc control and starts.. I came really close to buying a Torchmate CNC years ago, but just couldn't justify the price or the space in my little garage. I see that Lincoln bought them out.. I have heard that Trucutcnc.com makes a nice setup also.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I am actually looking for a Craigslist cylinder to swap out for some 25% He right now. I am in the market for a 2x2 plasma table and like you, I'm to the rafters with equipment. I am looking at the Baileigh PT-22. My uses would be for gussets and flanges. Its small footprint is what I really like.

Ken, I just saw your post of your welders, Dagone looks like your a Miller Dealer!! LOL Nice!!!

There is always this one that has been floating around the internet. View attachment 133344 View attachment 133345 View attachment 133346

I have actually seen this being done in India on quite a few occasions, also watched some guys using oxy gear, they had the oxygen in cylinders, but made their acetylene as they went using carbide and water, safety is almost non existent. bare feet, legs and arms no gloves no helmet or goggles. A pair of shorts and a torn "T" shirt is all they wear.

Last edited:
Hoping someone can help, I have a Cigweld Transmig 175i Multi Process Inverter Welder. the book claims that it can do stick, Mig, and Tig. I have tried it out on stick and yes it works quite well, although I can't really see the need when the Mig also works very well. I do occasionl;y use the stick when I want to run a special rod such as hard facing, very occasionally. I tried the Tig with a borrowed torch and was not impressed, most likely my fault.

I have tried using the Mig side for aluminium, and yes it works, but bird nesting is a huge problem. So I'm thinking a spoolgun is the way to go. However the dealers here say there is no spoolgun available for it. So I'm asking does anyone have any experience with adapting an aftermarket spoolgun to such a machine and how should it be done?

So I'm asking does anyone have any experience with adapting an aftermarket spoolgun to such a machine and how should it be done?
Nope. What aluminum do you want to weld with the spoolgun? I hope its not thin gauge. anything smaller than 1/8" (and probably 1/8" too) is going to be tough with a spoolgun. That's the problem I ran into trying to weld on boats. Had to teach myself to TIG aluminum. Never did get consistently good at welding 16ga aluminum but I did spend a lot of time trying, and in the process discovered my new favorite welding process. TIG is awesome. If your machine is capable, in my humble opinion, your time and money would be better spent teaching yourself to TIG. Sorry I couldn't answer your spoolgun question.

Last edited:
Hoping someone can help, I have a Cigweld Transmig 175i Multi Process Inverter Welder. the book claims that it can do stick, Mig, and Tig. I have tried it out on stick and yes it works quite well, although I can't really see the need when the Mig also works very well. I do occasionl;y use the stick when I want to run a special rod such as hard facing, very occasionally. I tried the Tig with a borrowed torch and was not impressed, most likely my fault.

I have tried using the Mig side for aluminium, and yes it works, but bird nesting is a huge problem. So I'm thinking a spoolgun is the way to go. However the dealers here say there is no spoolgun available for it. So I'm asking does anyone have any experience with adapting an aftermarket spoolgun to such a machine and how should it be done?

I am not familiar with Cigweld. Unfortunately, some machines require a control box while others, just various connectors. Possibly check with Tweco.

Hi Bob; I am not too practiced running aluminum in the mig but I do know that they make a Teflon whip liner to replace your standard issue coiled steel liner when you are using aluminum. Offers less drag, I guess. I know that they are available for the Lincoln MigPaks anyway.

Back