Show Us your Welders!

My turn....

New here...i have welding machines but do not yet call myself a welder....

Just made this cart from crap about the yard. Holds my Old Miller AC Spot they call it...my Mastercraft 110v MIG was a gift...and my Weldking Coolcut 30 also a gift...actually even the Miller was a gift.

Cant figure out upload image...well its my avitar...

20160805_174252.jpg

20160805_174155.jpg 20160805_174214.jpg 20160806_154135.jpg 20160805_174155.jpg 20160805_174214.jpg My turn....

New here...i have welding machines but do not yet call myself a welder....

Just made this cart from crap about the yard. Holds my Old Miller AC Spot they call it...my Mastercraft 110v MIG was a gift...and my Weldking Coolcut 30 also a gift...actually even the Miller was a gift.

Cant figure out upload image...well its my avitar...

Took advantage of a 10% off coupon from Tractor Supply Company and bought a Hobart 190 Handler for $630. A buddy at work has the 140, 110V version, spoke highly of it. The Hobart is replacing a 30 year old HF 140 that I could never get to feed wire at a consistent feed. Pretty happy with the Hobart so far; cart is from HF.

Bruce

20161001_142200a.jpg

20161001_142559a.jpg

20161001_151634a.jpg

20161001_151649a.jpg

biglittle haggis.jpg
These are my two workhorses; Big Haggis and Little Haggis. I named them after my Aunt and my Mom.
Back in England during WWll that's what their nick names were in school. Seems they even had brats back in the 40's.
Anyway, mom's proud.
The young guys jive me about not having modern equipment; they all have Lincoln Rangers, Miller Bobcats, etc.; but I tell them, 'come back in 5 years and we'll see how much life you have left in those lawnmower engines.'
The one on the left is Little Haggis; she's got a flat-head Continental engine and dates from the late 40's early 50's. About a gallon per hour;She welds the best too.
The one on the right, Big Haggis is a Kubota Diesel and dates from around the late 70's; about 1/2 gallon per hour. I've used Rangers, etc.; these things are head and shoulders above. They weigh in at close to 2,000 lbs so, I have a little Canox (Miller) 200 that I picked up for the trailer too. Always need back up.
Also have a Linde/Union Carbide 300 Stick/Tig/Plasma Needle Arc for the shop and a little 220 volt Lincoln Migpak155 (predecessor of the 180). It needs to be upgraded, but still has it's place for small jobs and tack welds.
And, of course, you need Oxy/Acetelene.

Linde.jpg

Migpak 155.jpg

Took advantage of a 10% off coupon from Tractor Supply Company and bought a Hobart 190 Handler for $630. A buddy at work has the 140, 110V version, spoke highly of it. The Hobart is replacing a 30 year old HF 140 that I could never get to feed wire at a consistent feed. Pretty happy with the Hobart so far; cart is from HF.

Bruce
THE price has tripled since I bought one

Here is my first welder, I bought it many years ago. Powered by a hand cranks Wisconsin V4. I have never been able to find any information. Only thing I could find, is that it was available as a PTO driven welder on a willeys back in the 50's

Edit: I added a few more pics, The red one is not mine, but basically the same welder that was an option for willeys jeep, back in the 50s.

0513121854-00.jpg 0516121620-00.jpg

SAM_0056.JPG

SAM_0058.JPG

SAM_0059.JPG

1946-cj2a-denton-tx3.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a couple of mine.

No toy welders in that shop! You are a man after my own heart.....I see the rag between your gas mixer and your Dynasty so you don't scratch it up.

I heard those Dynasty's have big problems. Let me take it off your hands and save you some trouble. I'll send you my toy Syncrowave to replace it. Of course I'm making you this offer "just to help you out".

Just kidding.....I'm envious!

Hahaha, Ironken thank you I really appreciate your willingness to help a fellow forum member out. :) It's nice to know that there are people who really care about helping their fellow man out! lol And yes I've heard all the horror story's about how bad the Dynasty 300 is or was, guess I better knock on wood, been running like a top since I bought it new well over a decade ago.. Those Syncrowaves are still awesome power supplies, I had a couple of 250's over the years, great machines.. At least if they break in most cases they can be repaired with out the huge repair bills that inverters sometimes have. I'm pretty sure I bought the ESAB back in the 90's it was one of their first inverters, DC tig, stick & mig.. Guess I better replace that red rag with a blue one! LOL

Back