Show Us your Welders!

I use TIG for carbon steel less than .050", aluminum, titanium and stainless. I appreciate the usefulness of TIG, but I find the setup to be annoying because there are so many steps. This high mileage Miller Dynasty 210DX was my best friend until I got a lathe. It is an absolute bombproof workhorse and runs stick electrodes like a dream. Very nice to stick weld with.

IMG_7535.JPG

I MIG when I am in a hurry. I use .035" ER70S-2. This Millermatic 252 is another bombproof workhorse. You gotta love a transformer welder.

IMG_7543.JPG

My welders live behind my benchtop milling machine. They are all on carts, and I roll whichever cart that I need for a particular welding job over to the welding table. I always roll all of the carts away when I use the milling machine so that chips or cutting fluid don't get on my welding carts. I usually machine on steel, and cutting fluid and chips do make a mess over there.

IMG_7549.JPG

Millermatic 211 mig, Miller Dynasty 200DX tig and Hypertherm 45XP plasma cutter. Small Kennedy cabinet on cart of my design and build.

Weekend garage warrior/Home Hobbyist here.

HTP Invertig 400
HTP Invertig 221
HTP ProPulse 300
HTP ProPulse 200 x2 (one isn't mine, I bought it for my Dad)
HTP ProPulse 220MTS
HTP Inverarc 200TLP with water-cooled stinger (only one on the whole planet!)
HTP Microcut 875SC

uc

Last edited:
Quite the home hobbyist Oscar!! lol Have you broke in that Propulse 300 yet?

Pete

Quite the home hobbyist Oscar!! lol Have you broke in that Propulse 300 yet?

Pete

My name is General Zod! :tranquility: :grin: It's just barely getting broken in, lol. I was running the iCold pulsed-spray program just recently for the very first time, and it is absolutely killer!!

Hahahaha Okay General Zod! That is one sweet power supply, actually you have quite a few sweet power supplies! Enjoy!!
PS; Just got back into Analog, picked up a VPI Prime, having a blast listening to a lot of old albums.

Back