Shop re-do

Small update:
I received the necessary breakers to finish off the wiring for the shop.
1P 20A for my 110v Millermatic MIG
2P 40A for my TIG welder
2P 15A for the mill.

I couldn't find these sizes locally
A bit of research turned up a company called Canada Breakers out of Toronto.
Free shipping on orders over $50.
At noon on Aug 18 I ordered them and they arrived today at 11 am. So basically 48 hr. delivery at zero extra cost to me!

And the door is in.
Dopey me assumed this door slab was the same height as the existing passage door. Nope somebody cut an inch off the bottom. At an angle no less.
Nothing that another 3/4” off can’t fix.
Just have to make a new bit to fill in the space.
Oh and cut new pieces to fill in above the door
0cb1017c7adf30fe99868ba9eb74a01c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you purchased the door at sale?

I won't say that I have had similar issues with buying bargains and I won't say I haven't, just plain not saying. :rolleyes:

I assume you purchased the door at sale?

I won't say that I have had similar issues with buying bargains and I won't say I haven't, just plain not saying. :rolleyes:
Hah! I am also bargain hunter of the highest order! :D
The door was actually previously installed in the garage.
For some odd reason my garage had two passage doors, one for each 'bay' of the garage even though there were no interior doors which would block interior access to either side. I pulled one of the doors out when I put in the electrical panel.
I knew it was narrower, 30" vs. 32" but never once thought it was shorter...

Stripped the paint off the bench top.
398c9a56ac616116408f4d67dd409a0c.jpg

I prefer the look of stainless. Easy to clean and maintain, although work items can skate along the surface too easily some times. When I had such a surface I would lay down some shop rags or cardboard. Not only keeps the item from sliding, but also absorbs the oil and collects the dirt and makes for easy clean up.

I prefer the look of stainless. Easy to clean and maintain, although work items can skate along the surface too easily some times. When I had such a surface I would lay down some shop rags or cardboard. Not only keeps the item from sliding, but also absorbs the oil and collects the dirt and makes for easy clean up.

I briefly thought about waxing it.
Briefly. Reconsidered when I realized that the top of my table saw is slick like ice because I wax it!

Wrong kind of wax?? Try the wax that surfers use on their boards to keep their feet from slipping.

Not huge progress today but got some stuff out of the way.
Turned the cutoff part of the metal table top into a stock shelf.
cb0f538436a0849aaf1fb7fb234c5a81.jpg

And hung up my clamps.
I’ll likely redo this but I needed to get them out of the way so I’d stop tripping over them.
f5b216c7591093d6889f4c72b94b568f.jpg

Back