shop made tooling

I am not sure where to put this but I think it fits here. Many of you know I make my own tooling and my primary reason ( besides I need it) is to show others how to have quality tooling at a low cost. I got an email from someone, don't know if they are on here or another forum I used to belong to, but the email made me angry in the sense they said " you can't make all the stuff you say you made". Short of photos, I would invite anyone to my shop to see for themselves what can be done with very little. These photos are the tooling I have made in the last 6 months ( or at least most of it), and the total cost for material for all this is under $250. that being said , I have access to a lot of scrap at the moment. There are a LOT of hours here also, but I don't count that making for myself.

View attachment 88704
View attachment 88705
View attachment 88706

I really don't know what else to say,

Mark Frazier

View attachment 88704 View attachment 88705 View attachment 88706
Mark,

You do very nice work and I have seen quite a bit of what you do over the years.
I always enjoy seeing what you do and am amazed at how much work you get done in a short amount of time.

Also, here is a picture of my most recent project representing 11 years of on and off effort.

Dick

20170709_114641.jpg

Mark,

You do very nice work and I have seen quite a bit of what you do over the years.
I always enjoy seeing what you do and am amazed at how much work you get done in a short amount of time.

Also, here is a picture of my most recent project representing 11 years of on and off effort.

Dick
Dang Dick,
you made a beautiful cutter grinder, i'm still trying to pick my lower jaw off the keyboard :grin:

Mark,

Dick
WOW!!!! It will almost be a sin to use that and get it dirty.

It is absolutely beautiful.

Mark,

Dick
Beautiful.
I would like to see more detail.

Mark you know how we feel on here. Most envy the tools you build , only a lazy slob could even think let alone send an email , blatantly call you a liar. I for one totally enjoy your builds . The attention to detail , the finish you apply just beautiful workmanship. I'm proud to call you friend and mentor. I know this is old ands up again . I wish I was closer to you I'd love to make videos of your builds for the masses on YouTube , yes I know your to busy for cameras and all but your work is so good . But I'm no good now can't even get out of bed , just letting you know your appreciated.

WOW!!!! It will almost be a sin to use that and get it dirty.

It is absolutely beautiful.

Mark you do very nice work, and only an unlettered barbarian would be low enough to critisize it. I wish I had the time to make the lovley tools you make.

Is the drill sharpener 88706 just a drill sharpener or will it also sharpen end mills. I will soon have a need for sharpening end mills and the cost of tool and cutter grinders is prohibitive, especially here in Downunder and rarely if ever do second hand items come up. I think I'll have to make my own, but need to keep it simple.

Mark you do very nice work, and only an unlettered barbarian would be low enough to critisize it. I wish I had the time to make the lovley tools you make.

Is the drill sharpener 88706 just a drill sharpener or will it also sharpen end mills. I will soon have a need for sharpening end mills and the cost of tool and cutter grinders is prohibitive, especially here in Downunder and rarely if ever do second hand items come up. I think I'll have to make my own, but need to keep it simple.

The drill sharpener will not do end mills. With that said, I had thought about adapting it to sharpen the ends of mill cutters which would not be too difficult but it would not sharpen the sides of the cutters.

The drill sharpener will not do end mills. With that said, I had thought about adapting it to sharpen the ends of mill cutters which would not be too difficult but it would not sharpen the sides of the cutters.

Being able to sharpen the ends would be a good start. Did you post a build on that drill sharpener

Back