SB Rehab/Restoration

Tag team effort,now I see what ya'll are talking bout.Same here Uncle,my computer says its not supported so I can't post using imageshack which I could before and my computer won't let me download Java for some reason.I'm not a computer person----kroll

Well I'm going to tell off on myself,not real happy with the way the collet tray turned out.As you can see in the pic the very back roll is repeat collets but where I located the two sleeves(whatever their called)you have to pull the drawer out(sad face).If I had a do over I would mount a collet rack on the side but I figure there it would rattle alot.Guys I am happy with the tray for the oils,which I was going to mount it on the outside but I may come up with something else for that side.On the bottom drawer is the 3/4 jaw chucks which will also have the T-handles for the chucks and put the extra set of jaws there also(still to much wasted space).The red you see(wanted blue) is 1/4 thick that the chuck rest on,then 1/2 black and 1/2 blue to match.What I like about this foam is its oil resistance,oil will not harm it and the foam will help keep things quit.The top drawer I want to make a tray to mount in the drawer but will be size to slide to the back of the drawer so to gain access to the bottom of the drawer.Maybe the tray will be for small cutting tools and carbide bits. Any ideals for the top drawer?????Still doing some tuneup on the lathe,found some grease for the spindle cone and the back gear.I have to say that adjusting the back gear was a job,going back/forth then adjusting the tenison on the BG.Was working till I kick in the half nut so made more adjustments.Anyway at a stopping point for today,thanks for looking and any comments good or bad----kroll

DSC02334.JPG DSC02333.JPG DSC02335.JPG

Maybe make a blue cover for the back to hide it & don't tell anyone about the oops. Oops, I guess you already told us !

Guys I am on the downhill side of the lathe,for the most part I have ran it through it,made afew shavings,change gears and speeds.Dang on the higher speeds it hauls tail and don't have to make two trips.Today I am making the accessory tray that mounts on the back side of the lathe,I guess for the drill chucks,live/dead centers,etc.The one you see in the pic is what I think is original to the lathe,but its missing afew small chunks of wood or should I say plywood so I decided to make another.Again its alot of work,someone on the outside looking in may not realize the amount of work that goes into something as simple as this,but heres pics of what it takes to make it.Minus the painting,I hope that most have enjoyed the entertainment of this project----kroll

DSC02336.JPG DSC02337.JPG DSC02338.JPG DSC02339.JPG DSC02340.JPG

Re: SB Rehab/Restoration(Pic Heavy)

Today is a day of celebration,I have cross the finish line,complete the 10K marathorn,went the distance,you get the point.Guys it has been a journey,most exciting but had some close calls which acouple remains to be tested,I think it was Pacer that said to replace all the drive gears which I will at a later date cause they are showing some wear and it makes for some excess noise.I have to say that something like this will make a man cry at times but give some satisfaction.To all thank you for your help and advice and Woodtick thank you for your very informative post of your restoration project,which I keep going back to it and reading several times,I guess as much as the book.Others thank you som much for the links,advice and where to locate parts.Guys all there is here is more pics of the finish product and the last pic is my next project which the funds from it will help me purchase so good tooling and indicators as needed,enjoy and thanks---kroll

DSC02345.JPG DSC02346.JPG DSC02348.JPG DSC02349.JPG DSC02350.JPG DSC02351.JPG DSC02352.JPG DSC02353.JPG DSC02354.JPG DSC02355.JPG DSC02356.JPG DSC02357.JPG DSC02359.JPG

Bravo! You done good my friend, very good indeed. I have enjoyed watching your progress and work on this lathe. Makes me feel really good that my rebuild still inspires people and that they learn from it, thank you for sharing that with me. I like the color so much on this that I think when I redo my band saw I think I'm gonna do something like that, I like the black and blue. So I am guessing that the next project is a mill? be sure to alert me where you post that so I can follow it too. Great job, thanks for sharing with us all.

Re: SB Rehab/Restoration(Pic Heavy)

Today is a day of celebration,I have cross the finish line,complete the 10K marathorn,went the distance,you get the point.Guys it has been a journey,most exciting but had some close calls which acouple remains to be tested,I think it was Pacer that said to replace all the drive gears which I will at a later date cause they are showing some wear and it makes for some excess noise.I have to say that something like this will make a man cry at times but give some satisfaction.To all thank you for your help and advice and Woodtick thank you for your very informative post of your restoration project,which I keep going back to it and reading several times,I guess as much as the book.Others thank you som much for the links,advice and where to locate parts.Guys all there is here is more pics of the finish product and the last pic is my next project which the funds from it will help me purchase so good tooling and indicators as needed,enjoy and thanks---kroll

For those of us who remember getting gold stars on our report cards, this is a classic candidate ! Many GOLD stars to you, sir !

Thanks guys,thanks for being a big part of this project.Woodtick is the base of a Lux mill which I will be posting over in the restoration project section(I think).Looking in the pic I see areas that needs some touching up but thats OK and Uncle Harry it took me this many yrs to receive my first gold star so thank you:))

Very-Very nice on your restoration--I think you could just turn the collect rack 180 degrees in your drawer and then your adapters would be in the front and easy to pull out---good job---Dave

Back