SB Catalog No. 84-BB

sniggler

Active User
Registered
Got this 1931 vintage 11" lathe.
lathe.jpg

I am setting it up in the basement as it is a bench top model what height bench should I build?

I will fabricate the bench frame out of steel should the bench top be wood, or can the lathe bolt right to the frame?

Bob

lathe.jpg

Pictures of tooling and chucks that came with the lathe.

chucks.jpgtooling.jpg

chucks.jpg tooling.jpg

Nice score! It looks like it's in really good shape and well tooled.

Did you get the motor and counter shaft?

Yes a baldor motor motor set up for 110 with the bracketry.

bob

Ya did good! Looks to be in good condition, and has the "no fluff" accessories (stuff that is useful, not the usual box o' drillbits!).

Those 11's are rare....if you find parts for it you may need, snap them up.

Thank steve, it did come with a bunch other stuff I took pics of today.

sb1.jpgsb2.jpgsb3.jpgsb4.jpgsb5.jpgsb6.jpg

Bob

sb1.jpg sb2.jpg sb3.jpg sb4.jpg sb5.jpg sb6.jpg

Got this 1931 vintage 11" lathe.
View attachment 53319

I am setting it up in the basement as it is a bench top model what height bench should I build?

I will fabricate the bench frame out of steel should the bench top be wood, or can the lathe bolt right to the frame?

Bob

Woot! Looks very nice and like it's my 11's older brother. I have an 11" SB from '39

leadscrew01.JPG

You can build your table any way you like, wood top, metal top, or bolt straight to the frame. Remember though, the more mass the better and you will need to be able to level the lathe properly.

The 11"s are a bit of a p.i.t.a. but despite that I'm still very fond of mine.

-Ron

Nice find with lots of useful tooling too. Clean her up and oil everything and enjoy it.

The only part I find missing is the key for the worm drive on the apron the apron was removed before i got it and i don't see the key in the parts boxes. Does anyone know if its available?

Bob

Back