Retirement is Official!

Congrats Jeff. I was forced into retirement last November but recently was contacted by Boeing who asked if I would come back either as a Contractor or Employee. Not illegible for six month after leaving. I am planning on taking them up on it. It would be full time virtual, meaning I could move anywhere I want and work from my home. Pretty good deal. I had originally wanted to work for another year anyway so this is good.

Jeff, when you say your Copay was zero, do you have Midicare supplemental coverage or something else. I ran out of my medicine and use that GoodRX, was shocked at how little it cost me.
I pay $87 a month for the supplemental plan and the medicare comes out of SS. It’s very affordable when compared to my COBRA package - Yikes.
Good RX is on my to do list.
Anybody have experience with them?
We are staying at a Hip camp near Paso Robles in a vineyard.
Just us, our dog is in heaven.
I have one bar, LTE. I may not check in for a few days.

Like you, I loved my work and the people I worked with (for the most part), but management, for the most part left a lot to be desired. Very entitled, always looking to use you to advance their own and with the attitude of "Do as I say, not as I do!". In the last couple of years I was there, I was in Product Development, my management there were some of the best.
Will they honor the Good RX coupons every month?

Undecided here as always . Been off since late Oct and am still bored , but I have some different circumstances as to why . :)

Been retired 11 years now, (73), love it.
Loved my teaching, totally detested the pathetic waste of time admin work that solved nothing.
stupid paper work for its own sake that took up more time than actually teaching.
BUT, I've said it before, you will need other interests, preferably more than one else the dreaded sit in the chair staring out the window will get you.
Two of the guys who were younger than me but left at the same time are now dead, they had no hobbies or interests.
I dont see that happening to anyone on here, we all seem to have so many projects that theres no chance of getting bored.
I took early retirement for 2 reasons,
1, as listed above
2, so I was still young enough and healthy enough to travel which I did, Philippines (twice), Singapore, Malaysia, Japan (3 times), China, America, Canada, just getting ready to book Korea and Vietnam when covid hit.
Do what you want asap before any regrets get any chance of settling in.

55 this year... so still have a few more years before I can retire... but I am so ready for it...

I can't complain about most of my management team... most of those folks have been great mentors/coaches for me... Most, not all... I have had my share of difficult/wrong-fit leads...

But overall, very fortunate of the opportunities, learnings, amazing co-workers.... Got to work with a global team (still am), travel the world, learn of different cultures, all this has also influenced my two children... really, can't complain.

Last edited:
Charlie,
Let’s see, Boeing or Apple?
The only large corporation I ever worked for was the Hertz Corp. back in the mid 80’s. I was a regional parts manager. Yes, the management was pretty bad. I saw so much waste.
When I tried to do something about it, I was told it would make the city manager look bad, to back off.
I left soon after.
Like you, I loved my work and the people I worked with (for the most part), but management, for the most part left a lot to be desired. Very entitled, always looking to use you to advance their own and with the attitude of "Do as I say, not as I do!". In the last couple of years I was there, I was in Product Development, my management there were some of the best.

When I tried to do something about it, I was told it would make the city manager look bad, to back off.
I've never had an issue with this . :grin: They always know how I feel about things , like it or not . My current manager came off the floor behind me , worked for me , and knows the ropes of how to get things done . We were making progress in large steps until I had to go out . Dangit . :rolleyes:

Will they honor the Good RX coupons every month?
Yes, I thought at first you had to use it with an insurance, but it is a stand alone coupon system. There is no sign up process, no nothing. You can request a card to give to any pharmacy or lookup the drug you want and print a coupon for any pharmacy that has the lowest price near your zip code.
In fact it was so easy that I kept waiting to use it because I figured there was a catch. Nope, I have purchased my wife's and my drugs and it is just straight forward. You do have to have your doctor call in the RX to the pharmacy you want to use so if you bounce around to different ones based on the price you will add work. Our doctor calls in multiple refills so I just have them use Bartell's drugs which is very close to us. Not the cheapest but the most convenient.

I pay $87 a month for the supplemental plan and the medicare comes out of SS. It’s very affordable when compared to my COBRA package - Yikes.
Good RX is on my to do list.
Anybody have experience with them?
We are staying at a Hip camp near Paso Robles in a vineyard.
Just us, our dog is in heaven.
I have one bar, LTE. I may not check in for a few days.
Is that for A or B supplement?

Back