Restoring a Rockwell/Delta Disc/Belt Finishing Machine

O M G !!! That's absolutely beautiful! Thanks for your many great photos.

Thanks John,
I seem to take way more photos than necessary. You should see my doggie album hahah.

That really came out nice. A little extra attention to detail makes all the difference. Cheers, Mike

No such thing as to many photo's. Excellent rebuild thread! I have enjoyed following this one.

That really came out nice. A little extra attention to detail makes all the difference. Cheers, Mike
Thanks Mike,
I had nothing but time on my side for those little details. Honestly, I was trying to spend extra time in the shop after being AWAL since November.

No such thing as to many photo's. Excellent rebuild thread! I have enjoyed following this one.

I appreciate your support Greg. Getting feedback is just as important as posting.

This came in the mail today from ReplacementParts.com

Not exactly like the original but is for a finishing machine (same part number).
fullsizeoutput_546.jpeg
$5.25 shipping (rip-off) but completes the restoration.
IMG_0689.JPG IMG_0690.JPG
Old warning sticker
IMG_0013.JPG
This one is officially done.
Turn and burn.

I bought Some Belts and disc Blue Fuego Zirconia Alumina by Norton. The grit I decided on the belt are 60 grit and 50 grit on the 12" disc. The tracking was done first by hand and, then by jogging the machine and finally fine tuning was achieved with the machine running. The adjustment knob requires a slight turn to get results.
Here is a video of the machine running.
Turn and burn!

Thanks Mike,
I'm planning on adding hoses for the vacuum system to help keep things somewhat clean. I have a couple of Rigid brand vacuums from black Friday deals.
The disc's should be in next week. I had to order 25 to get them under $10 ea. The belts where had for under $9 each but required a box of 20. I think Mark (mksj) might want a few for his new Jet finisher. These are fine abrasives and should last a while. I understand the belts can be reversed for more life too. The Norton's use a unique splice on their belts unlike 3M's I've seen in the past. Time will tell, but I'll be sure to give feedback for other users.

Back