Removing Gorilla Glue From My Hands?

Gorilla glue wipes is the only way I know of. Must be done before the gorilla glue cures. The wipes smell nice (like aloe vera) and don't seem to have nasty solvents.

I've heard that elephant **** works pretty well. :anon: Mike

I use a shear to remove stuff like that. Not the best way but you wont forget the next time to wear gloves. :face slap:
Mark

I rubbed my fingers on bricks to get most of it off. After about 4 or 5 days most was off my skin (I had a lot). The most persistent is fingernails. It's been on them for about a month and very very slowly coming off. One thing for sure, GG sticks better to your fingers than to most objects, unless you follow the directions precisely, which are very finicky.

I would recommend a barrier cream when handling any of these products. That will protect the skin - an organ in itself and make removal somewhat easier.

In my workshop I always apply barrier cream if handling any liquid product. Seen to many friends in the Engineering business suffer from skin ailments and much worse.

Yes, I agree with this, really the best way to go for engineering, it's a bit of a hassle putting it on and rubbing it in but it works and your sense of touch isn't gone as with gloves, (and I'm sure the wife will agree!).

I just did some gluing with GG, and I always end up with it on my fingers. Today, I washed my hands quickly with soap and water...AND tonight...no stains.
Jim

Barrier cream is a new idea for me, what brand are people using and how do they hold up to oils and grease?

Barrier cream is a new idea for me, what brand are people using and how do they hold up to oils and grease?
I knew someone who saw a brave salesman coat his hands with barrier cream then dipped them in a container of nitric acid! (BTW, the guy who told me was not given to telling BS).
Oil & grease? always seemed to stop any dirty black oily stains off my hands.

Stoko ARRETIL Barrier cream . I finish hard wood floors we use it when staining. Works great washes off with soap and water. I highly recommend it. Use it to keep grease off when woking on the jeeps too..

Stoko ARRETIL Barrier cream . I finish hard wood floors we use it when staining. Works great washes off with soap and water. I highly recommend it. Use it to keep grease off when woking on the jeeps too..

Thanks I will give that one a try, cleaning up easier after working on the cars or in the shop would be a good thing for my appearance at work since I work in a professional environment.

Back