Removing Gorilla Glue From My Hands?

I’m more into health and safety. I do not like putting MEK and other solvents on my bare hands to clean them. I use disposable gloves all the time, no excuses.

My joints didn't have gaps. They were just fairly loose (slip fit — didn't need to be tapped in). I tried it because I saw Norm Abrams specifically recommend Gorilla glue for slip fit joints and repair of furniture when doweling gets loose because of wear — because it expands. And, he did point out that you have to clamp it or it will push your joints open. Not really an issue for me, as I clamp all the glue joints I make. I also noticed that he quit using it the next season.

I never tried it on tight joints because it is such a pain to use and store, and because of my one rotten experience with it and the large pain in the butt it was to redo it.

And, I don't see how it would be any good for butt and rabbit joints, which I use a lot. I've seen butt joints break the wood before the glue failed when using Yellow glue. By the way, the same joints on my coffee table that failed with Gorilla glue are still holding firm after 15 years with yellow glue. They get a pretty good workout as I push and pull the table on the rug to and from my chair.

I'm sure it works for some people, because they keep selling it, and I'm happy for the people who like it. But, it's never going to work for me because I don't think it is worth the extra trouble, and I don't like it.

Last edited:
lacquer thinner???
i havn't got the snot on me (i used gloves)

Maybe the causal relationship is living in Cali, rather than the substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. :grin:

Yeah, the latter is what I was joking about. Substances known to cause cancer in the State of California. Or really, only in California or is it only that California cares, or....? Well I shouldn't say. :D I guess I shouldn't have brought it up as I don't want the politics brought up.

But, yeah, everything these days is known to cause cancer. I hate to think what the next generations to come have to deal with. :)

Back