Removal Of Hex Nut From Clutch Mechanism Under The Star Shaped Knob

It works on circular saw blades that don't have a lock, chainsaw clutches, old electric fans lots of things. I think that an electric impact would work fine, the high end cordless ones that the mechanics use at my work have enough torque to rattle off just about any nut smaller than 1 1/8".[/QUOT
I'm Literally going out to buy one right now,
Thanks hopefully it will work, but either way Thank you!...........Razinman

I wonder if that would work on bench grinders, where you have a right-hand and a left-hand nut? No matter which one comes loose first, the other one is a PITA.

I wonder if that would work on bench grinders, where you have a right-hand and a left-hand nut? No matter which one comes loose first, the other one is a PITA.

Yes, I have done this. Be careful when tightening, and don't over tighten the nut. Don't want to damage the wheel.

Last edited:
Electric or the new battery wrenches should work fine.
JIM IT WORKED!!! I HAD TO SECURE THE GEARS WITH THREE PIECES OF OAK SHIMS BUT IT WORKED
THANK U THANK U THANK U , NOW I DON'T NEED A PSCHIATRIST !
Razinman

It works on circular saw blades that don't have a lock, chainsaw clutches, old electric fans lots of things. I think that an electric impact would work fine, the high end cordless ones that the mechanics use at my work have enough torque to rattle off just about any nut smaller than 1 1/8".
I WORKED I HAD TO SECURE THE GEARS IN THE BACK WITH HARDWOOD SHIMS BUT IT FINALLY WORKED
THANK U, THANK U.............Razinman

Now back to the broken bit stuck in the upper gear's taper pin.
I wonder if I'll be done by X-mas (2016 !!)

Thanks to all for your help.........Razinman

Good job razinman. Now for the taper pin, short punches, secure the gear and the apron so it can't move AT ALL, and a good hammer, my favorite it a 2 1/2#double jack.

I have two broken bits one on each side of the holes, I have a 3-4 # hammer , Now I have a better chance to secure the gear since ALL the
parts are out of it

Razinman

Back